Should I buy a new car next week or a used one?

best3444

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I used to own a Ford but how are they these days? Nice picks 👍 

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

Probably $25K with nothing special. Fwd, suv, fuel economy, no heated seats or anything advanced in that way. I want a radio and that's it lol. 

WWW.TOYOTA.COM

The new 2024 Toyota Corolla Cross is the ride with more in store. The 2024 Corolla Cross has impressive fuel economy ratings plus the room to carry more than just your crew.

24 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.TOYOTA.COM

The new 2024 Toyota Corolla Cross is the ride with more in store. The 2024 Corolla Cross has impressive fuel economy ratings plus the room to carry more than just your crew.

Yes. There is a new Corolla at my local dealer for that same price. I'm definitely interested in it. But I'm also thinking about going with an SUV. 

The Escape is a class above the Cross and the Edge is about 2 classes above it. Unless you really want new for whatever reason, either of the Fords is giving you a lot more car for your money. If you want Toyota and are dead set on an SUV/Crossover, I’d look at a lightly used Rav4 for your price range.

Hyundai Kona’s aren’t bad if you want to go a different route: https://www.carmax.com/car/25182396?utm_campaign=AppShareiOSShareCar&utm_source=AppShareiOS&utm_medium=AppShareiOS

Fully digital gauge cluster, and I’m pretty sure it has the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis blindspot camera system (there’s a camera on each side of the car, when you put your turn signal on it shows up in your gauge cluster to let you see what’s in your blind spot on that side). I still think those two Ford models + trims are the best for this price range, though, when considering cost of ownership, overall spec/tech, and the ability to have *some* fun (check the engines and transmissions). MPG estimated averages are similar between all of them.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The Ford Edge is typically ranked one of the most reliable midsize SUVs alongside the Toyota Highlander and Kia Sorento lol

That may be the case. But if they are all comparable I’m still going Japan over USA all day everrryday. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

You would be damn crazy to choose any American car over a Japanese one.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The Ford Edge is typically ranked one of the most reliable midsize SUVs alongside the Toyota Highlander and Kia Sorento lol

Ok. Now what do I do?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Ok. Now what do I do?

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

That may be the case. But if they are all comparable I’m still going Japan over USA all day everrryday. 

Learn to read? Don’t listen to a guy that thinks OLED screen burn is an actual thing. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Learn to read? Don’t listen to a guy that thinks OLED screen burn is an actual thing. 

Learn to read? I didn't see your post until now. I'll buy the car i like best. All I wanted to know was if I should buy new or used. 

What type of car is all a matter of opinion. 

Why?

You're also unlikely to find a comparably equipped Highlander with similar mileage in his price range.

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. Now what do I do?

You should test drive everything and not buy blindly :p 

He should def listen to the guy who probably doesn't have a car

• Haha 1

Learn to read? I didn't see your post until now. I'll buy the car i like best. All I wanted to know was if I should buy new or used. 

What type of car is all a matter of opinion. 

For your price range, new makes almost zero sense unless you really want to know where almost every mile on the car came from. You'll be getting a lot more for your money with a 2-4 year old used car as long as you're buying something reliable. 

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Why?

You're also unlikely to find a comparably equipped Highlander with similar mileage in his price range.

You should test drive everything and not buy blindly :p 

He should def listen to the guy who probably doesn't have a car

I was driving a car before you learned to pee and shit in a toilet. Pipe down son. 

• Haha 1

@best3444 Just an FYI on both the Edge and Escape that I linked, those trims come with...

AWD (for the Escape, Edge is FWD)), heated steering wheel, front heated seats, nav, apple carplay/android auto, adaptive cruise control, lane keep, automatic wiper blades, remote start, blind spot, back up camera, etc.

I'm not saying you won't find something you like better or that these are 100% the cars for you, I'm just noting what you should be comparing when you're looking at alternatives. :santasun:

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

In before you give good advice and then Best gets to the dealer and they talk him into a new car with all the bells and whistles. :p

I'll never fall for anyone's bs. @Biggie I agree with you in that I'd pick a Japanese car over American every day. 

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

In before you give good advice and then Best gets to the dealer and they talk him into a new car with all the bells and whistles. :p

TBH, I don't mind if he just gets whatever, it's his money and decision. I just enjoy researching and looking at cars :p 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

TBH, I don't mind if he just gets whatever, it's his money and decision. I just enjoy researching and looking at cars :p 

I understand you're only trying to help. Most likely I'm buying an SUV Japanese model. Something I can afford. Brand new. 

Thread locked 🔒 

I understand you're only trying to help. Most likely I'm buying an SUV Japanese model. Something I can afford. Brand new. 

Thread locked 🔒 

Locked? But I’m not finished fucking with buddy boy. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll never fall for anyone's bs. @Biggie I agree with you in that I'd pick a Japanese car over American every day. 

Sure, but why? Ford's been winning tech/innovation awards regularly (just won 2023), Toyota still has general reliability but are greatly behind on tech and value these days (still good cars of course), Honda is good of course, Mazda and Subaru are about 10 years behind on car tech, Mitsubishi is a joke these days, and for the love of all things holy do not get a Nissan/Infiniti.  

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Options on which type of vehicle to get is like an asshole, everyone's got em. 

Sure, but at incredibly different price points with included options varying wildly between models & trims from each manufacturer.

That’s what I was stating when I was pointing out what you were getting for the money on the Edge and Escape, so you had a point of reference to compare with other models of similar prices, whether used or new.

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I simply asked if you guys recommend buying new or used. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

For your price range, new makes almost zero sense unless you really want to know where almost every mile on the car came from. You'll be getting a lot more for your money with a 2-4 year old used car as long as you're buying something reliable. 

You do you, but you’re not going to get a lot of options on a new car in your price range. Car pricing has gotten crazy tbh. All I’m saying is to compare compare compare, and then compare again. :sun:

On 3/19/2024 at 1:13 PM, Brian said:

Renting a Model 3 from Hertz. Excited to try it out for a week. 

Hertz fucked me and gave me a Ford Edge. I don’t recommend this boat of a car. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1