Pokemon Legends Z-A (2025)

Spork3245

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Set entirely within the city, huh? That sounds like it's gotta be Switch 2. The only way that stays entertaining for the length of a Pokemon game is if it's a really big city with varied locations.

Man it would be such a great launch game. 

• True 1

Game Freak has no problems releasing trailers that has frames dropping to single digits and showing off the pop in. The lack of any graphics here means it’s a Switch 2 game (though it will definitely be cross platform since GF gives zero fucks about performance issues).

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Game Freak has no problems releasing trailers that has frames dropping to single digits and showing off the pop in. The lack of any graphics here means it’s a Switch 2 game (though it will definitely be cross platform since GF gives zero fucks about performance issues).

No, Game Freak just makes their games in such a crunchy amount of time that this is standard fare for them. I can't remember which game it was, but remember the previous game being announced with just fucking sketches? I think it was Scarlet and Violet.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

There was no reason for any Pokemon game to run or look as bad as they did. The Switch wasn't the problem, Gamefreak was.

I do agree but honestly I just love Pokémon and I’m part of the problem. 

I expected them to announce a sequel to Pokémon Legends: Arceus soon, and given this would be three years after that game that seems right on track with Game Freak's record. 

The "releasing simultaneously" part though is making me think they are splitting this up as Legends: Z and Legends: A, basically what they do with the mainline versions, and that just feels like a cheap cash grab, like c'mon. If it is one game, what the hell is it releasing simultaneously with? Accidentally confirming a Switch 2 release as well? 

cant complain about how bad and dated the graphics look if they didn’t show them to you. Clever. 

interesting that theyre showing this off probably more than a year off. So yeah, probably a Switch 2 title. Though if so I bet it will be cross gen. I cant see them not getting those sales from all the switch owners that wont or cant upgrade right away. 

maybe since there isnt a pokemon game coming out in 2024 this means LegendZ-A will be a better put together game.