Sam Waterston leaving Law & Order after 400 episodes

• SaysWho? changed the title to Sam Waterston leaving Law & Order after 400 episodes
5 hours ago, stepee said:

lol can’t even make it to 401 what a loser

The article says "more than 400 episodes", but I still laughed. :p

I didn't realize this before but Waterston is 83 years old! :o I find it pretty impressive to still be so active in your career at that age; hopefully he has many good years ahead of him to enjoy his full retirement. 

I’ve been watching the renewed series. I just kinda wonder if the whole L&O universe has run its course. New episodes really lean heavy into the current political climate and sometimes it’s borderline laughable. Like when the defense attorney used a video of the victim calling his Black girlfriend “brown sugar” in a private video to her and using it as an example of him being racist. I literally lol’d. 

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’ve been watching the renewed series. I just kinda wonder if the whole L&O universe has run its course. New episodes really lean heavy into the current political climate and sometimes it’s borderline laughable. Like when the defense attorney used a video of the victim calling his Black girlfriend “brown sugar” in a private video to her and using it as an example of him being racist. I literally lol’d. 

I think the reboot is just written differently overall. I never thought it was a subtle series, but there's something about the way the characters talk which feels less like you're a fly on the wall and more like it's a staged production. L&O always tried to feel like a rawer crime show with the camerawork, but the new stuff feels like a different series.

• True 1

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think the reboot is just written differently overall. I never thought it was a subtle series, but there's something about the way the characters talk which feels less like you're a fly on the wall and more like it's a staged production. L&O always tried to feel like a rawer crime show with the camerawork, but the new stuff feels like a different series.

Yeah, over the last couple years, we’ve worked out way through the original L&O for the first time and just got to the reboot a couple weeks ago and it does have a different feel. Almost forced. Same for more recent seasons of SVU.