Who's Been to a Tasting Menu Restaurant?

SoberChef

As an avid food culture fan who seemingly can never get enough of those Eater videos, just was wondering if any of you have happened to have been lucky enough to attend a spot in which their menu is presented in such a fashion? See below for an exquisite experience!

The longest I've ever waited at any restaurant was nearly 3 hours for, quite honestly, THE BEST bowl of Ramen I've ever experienced, so totally worth the wait.

5 hours ago, SoberChef said:

As an avid food culture fan who seemingly can never get enough of those Eater videos, just was wondering if any of you have happened to have been lucky enough to attend a spot in which their menu is presented in such a fashion? See below for an exquisite experience!

Only once and it was a fun experience, though not something I'd want to do very often...or maybe ever again.  It was neat but also made me kind of uncomfortable.  Felt dumb having to nod and smile at the chef or server each time they brought new stuff.  I don't want to interact with you or your staff, just with your food.

5 hours ago, SoberChef said:

The longest I've ever waited at any restaurant was nearly 3 hours for, quite honestly, THE BEST bowl of Ramen I've ever experienced, so totally worth the wait.

I don't care if it's 5 star angel-kissed ramen served with a complimentary under the table blowjob.  Waiting 3 hours for a restaurant is goofy.