Amazon Studios - "The Wheel of Time" Official Thread - Season 2 release date: 1 Sept 2023

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2023 at 9:51 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:
Lan-Mandragoran-from-Amazons-Wheel-of-Ti
WWW.CBR.COM

Prime Video's epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time, which is currently filming its second season, has received an early renewal for a third.

Amazon seems pretty confident in this series. 

First three episodes of Season 2 are fucking fantastic! It doesn't feel rushed like the first season did and the changes they are making from the books are super interesting. I'm really hoping the strike doesn't fuck this series up.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DPCyric said:

First three episodes of Season 2 are fucking fantastic! It doesn't feel rushed like the first season did and the changes they are making from the books are super interesting. I'm really hoping the strike doesn't fuck this series up.

Awesome hear! This will fill in the gap nicely since for some weird reason Ep 3 of Winter King isn’t for two more weeks 🙄

On 9/1/2023 at 8:14 PM, DPCyric said:

Well damn. Maybe I will end up watching it then. 

Watched the first episode tonight. Uhhhh it’s fucking fantastic. It wiped away the entire scent of the god awful finale of S1. It does what S1 never allowed itself to to take the time to do. Spend an entire episode slowing down and just spending time with the characters.  And I really really liked S1 until the finale. Man I can’t wait for the rest of this season. 

• Hype 1

On 9/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, BloodyHell said:

S1 was so bad, I will not continue to taint my most beloved book series growing up with whatever Judkins has done to it. I prefer just to not have the property tainted like that. 

Your loss!

Just finished Episode 4 it was soo good :twothumbsup:

• Hype 1

One thing that is so glaring in every episode is how much better of an actor Rosamund Pike is than literally everybody else in this show. Especially in contrast to some of the other the leads. Namely Perrin and Rand. Especially Rand. But especially Perrin. God he is just terrible. And no it’s not because he’s dour and gruff all the time. Good actors can pull that off and become fan favorites (i.e. Rory McCann). The new Mat, on the other hand, I find much more charming and rogue-ish than the guy he replaced. So that’s a win. 

It’s also clear where they don’t direct their budget. The most obvious example being the music composition and direction. It’s all forgetful and plain at best and fucking god-awful at worst. Like a fucking A.I. model trained to write the most boring generic fantasy soundtrack of all time. 

But where they do put their money absolutely shines. The visuals and cinematography in this show are really good. Not the best I’ve ever seen but still awesome.

Despite my complaints I still very much enjoy the show on the whole! I’ll probably buy the blu rays. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah. I can understand wondering why something shares a name when it deviates so far from the source material that it’s unrecognizable (i.e. that Halo show) but that’s certainly not the case here. 

Agreed and I'm finding a lot of the changes interesting at least. This season has fixed my major issue with season 1 (pacing) and I'm excited to see where it is going.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm only halfway through book three but haven't found him to be a terrible character yet. By what book did he become such for you?

I never had a problem with Perrin other than feeling his pacifist attitude felt a little forced. Mat I couldn't stand for several books however  

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm only halfway through book three but haven't found him to be a terrible character yet. By what book did he become such for you?

Terrible is hyperbolic and unfair. :p 

I don’t want to spoil anything but I’d say that of the mains, Perrin is the one who suffers the most from the series becoming overlong and bloated. He has entire books where he’s either barely present or does very little. This also means that he changes and develops the least as well.

Also you should join my re-read thread!

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

Terrible is hyperbolic and unfair. :p 

I don’t want to spoil anything but I’d say that of the mains, Perrin is the one who suffers the most from the series becoming overlong and bloated. He has entire books where he’s either barely present or does very little. Also you should join my re-read thread!

I've poked my head in there but I'm afraid of spoilers :p. I'm terribly "ADHD" when it comes to books in that I read about a thousand things at once and take forever to finish any single one.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I've poked my head in there but I'm afraid of spoilers :p. I'm terribly "ADHD" when it comes to books in that I read about a thousand things at once and take forever to finish any single one.

Ah that’s fair. I dunno that I straight spoil stuff but I do allude to things that happen at the end of the series or who I think has disappointing conclusions.

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Oberon said:

Really really liked last night's episode. Really made you feel for egwene while being trained as a damane, a long with rymas last stand. Lanfear was great as well

Just caught up. Yeah Ep 6 is easily the best episode of this whole show so far. They did a better job in one episode conveying imprisonment and a character being broken mentality than GoT taking whole season to do poorly. Lanfear is amazing. 

9 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

What they’re doing with Lanfear and the actress who plays her is incredible. 

Agreed my theory is:

Spoiler

Lanfear will be Rand's love interest for the series. This avoids the whole 3 love interests that wouldn't really play well on screen with the time it would take to develop them. Would be nice to see Lanfear redeemed here. 

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

Agreed my theory is:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Agreed. I’m so glad they’ve removed “everyone loves Rand even though he’s an insufferable prick” thing. I’m also a big fan of Rand being less of a miserable prick so far. 

Its also nice that since none of the kids are particularly strong actors, Lanfear and Ishmael are brining some more chops to their scenes so it’s not such a dramatic difference when Rosmund Pike is crushing every scene she’s in haha”

48 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Hide contents

Agreed. I’m so glad they’ve removed “everyone loves Rand even though he’s an insufferable prick” thing. I’m also a big fan of Rand being less of a miserable prick so far. 

Its also nice that since none of the kids are particularly strong actors, Lanfear and Ishmael are brining some more chops to their scenes so it’s not such a dramatic difference when Rosmund Pike is crushing every scene she’s in haha”

Spoiler

They seem to be setting Mat up with Min and Perrin with Aviendha. Kinda hope I am wrong about that though I do enjoy the Mat and Tuon pairing in the book.