The Game Awards' "2023 Game of the Year" nominees have been revealed

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

How many times did you vote for BG3? The only time I didn't vote for it was when Ben Starr was up against Neil Newborn. Astarion is great, fantastic, but I thought Clive was just a step above and that is partly because he is the player character. Out of all the awards, I hope Ben Starr wins that one, but Neil winning won't be a letdown.

All of them.

• Hype 1

I feel overall the nominee picks are pretty good. For GOTY I chose Mario Wonder as it is the correct choice. 

I was happy to see a few things like Pizza Tower (!) for best debut indie and I waa very happy to be able to vote Dead Island 2 for best action game. Also I couldn’t vote for it, but I was happy to see Sonic Superstars for best family game!

I’m glad I was able to at least vote for AW2, SM2, SF6, and CP2077:PT in some stuff. Hardest was best action adventure and deciding between Spiderman 2 and Alan Wake 2. I actually need to finish AW2, so maybe I shouldn’t have voted yet, but I think I’ve played enough to lean towards Spiderman 2 for that category as there is just so much more action, and I think for that type of action adventure game, it’s just the best it’s ever been. And I was able to give AW2 direction and writing anyway.

What a fucking year man.

• Halal 1

Baldurs Gate 3 should win game of the year. RE4 is a literal remake so what the fuck? i don’t care how good of a remake it is. TOTK is built off the back of the previous entry so while amazing, BG3 seems a little more impressive to me and i think the game and word of mouth encouraged people to play it that maybe have never played something like BG3 before