Terminator Zero (Production I.G | Netflix | Starring Timothy Olyphant and Rosario Dawson | August 29) - Official Teaser Trailer

• 8 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Terminator Zero (Production I.G | Netflix | Starring Timothy Olyphant and Rosario Dawson | August 29) - Official Teaser Trailer
2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

My love for T1/T2/Salvation really clashing with my total disinterest in pretty much all anime.

August 29th release day *chef's kiss*

Another Salvation fan - nice. Movie is underrated (obviously doesn't touch T1 and T2 but it's a good movie with some dope set pieces). 

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Salvation was only marginally interesting because of the Sam Worthington's character, but since they focused on Christian Bale it was a terrible movie. Wouldn't expect any less from McG.

It's better than T3 (which I like actually, especially committing to the ending) and its definitely better than Genisys. Dark Fate was . . . fine. I think our bar for Terminator movies needs to be pretty low and Salvation clears that bar. Obviously the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the best Terminator media we've gotten since T2, but I do like T3 and Salvation. 

The somewhat weirder part of these movies is John Connors going from looking like Edward Furlong in 1995 to Nick Stahl in 2004 to Christian Bale in 2018 (the years their respective films take place). And Claire Danes in 2004 turning into Bryce Dallas Howard in 2018. 

• Wrong 1

30 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's better than T3 (which I like actually, especially committing to the ending) and its definitely better than Genisys. Dark Fate was . . . fine. I think our bar for Terminator movies needs to be pretty low and Salvation clears that bar. Obviously the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the best Terminator media we've gotten since T2, but I do like T3 and Salvation. 

The somewhat weirder part of these movies is John Connors going from looking like Edward Furlong in 1995 to Nick Stahl in 2004 to Christian Bale in 2018 (the years their respective films take place). And Claire Danes in 2004 turning into Bryce Dallas Howard in 2018. 

Yeah, the T3 ending is solid and made the movie.

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I enjoyed T3 and Genisys was better than Salvation.

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Genisys was better than Salvation.

They couldn't even make the title look sensible. Instantly worse. I know it's a made up name in the movie but why the "i" over an "e"? Movie isn't good but it just looks dumb spelled out. :p 

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

They couldn't even make the title look sensible. Instantly worse. I know it's a made up name in the movie but why the "i" over an "e"? Movie isn't good but it just looks dumb spelled out. :p 

It makes sense in the context of the movie though.

18 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The spelling doesn't unless I'm forgetting something. Though this is the least of that movie's problems. 

It was an allusion to iOS or something, so it was intentionally spelled in a dumb way. I think the title in a vacuum is dumb but when they introduce it into the plot it's fine.

However, turns out it has a deeper meaning which sounds stupid

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Still wondering why the "Terminator Genisys" title had an oddly spelled version of "genesis" in the title?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It was an allusion to iOS or something, so it was intentionally spelled in a dumb way. I think the title in a vacuum is dumb but when they introduce it into the plot it's fine.

However, turns out it has a deeper meaning which sounds stupid

WWW.LATIMES.COM

Still wondering why the "Terminator Genisys" title had an oddly spelled version of "genesis" in the title?

It's dumb, the film could have gone with anything. That film was plagued with dodgy CGI and a number of production issues and the stupid name just encompasses all of that.