CDPR’s game engine transition means no more Cyberpunk 2077 DLC

Jason

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

All this talk has encouraged me to fish out my PS4 disc to finally upgrade it for the PS5 (after I finish R&C:RA). 

The upgrade is extremely impressive and Cyberpunk while it still has flaws, is a great game. It looks awesome on the new consoles. 

8 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Despite the hand waving by the article, this makes me think the pre sales for Phantom Liberty have not been good, or just not meeting expectations. This just feels like an easy out for them to blame it on the engine shift by the rest of the studio. 

Interesting thought. I kinda agree. 

10 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Despite the hand waving by the article, this makes me think the pre sales for Phantom Liberty have not been good, or just not meeting expectations. This just feels like an easy out for them to blame it on the engine shift by the rest of the studio. 

The transition to the Unreal Engine for CDPR projects was announced in April 2022 and Phantom Liberty was announced in September 2022.

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The transition to the Unreal Engine for CDPR projects was announced in April 2022 and Phantom Liberty was announced in September 2022.

Im just saying it’s an easy out. They could continue to support CP2077 on the current engine while teams use UE5 for new projects. If they thought the money was going to be good enough for further DLC I’m sure they would.