But you see, women and specifically transgender women cannot compete with men

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.apnews.com%2F5
APNEWS.COM

The world’s top chess federation has ruled that transgender women cannot compete in its official events for females until an assessment of gender change is made by its officials.

Gendered events in chess especially are there to protect the fragile egos of men.

Remember that Andrew Tate was rated like an international master, the sexism is deep in the chess community. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It does when you understand that a lot of higher level players are gigantic diaper baby nerds who must have their ego protected

By gigantic diaper baby nerds, I assume you mean sexist assholes that created the need for gendered tournaments to keep women safe from harassment...because just kicking out dudes for being assholes is asking for too much.

• True 1

33 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

By gigantic diaper baby nerds, I assume you mean sexist assholes that created the need for gendered tournaments to keep women safe from harassment...because just kicking out dudes for being assholes is asking for too much.

Ya mean a room full of incels would act like incels

no wai

Just now, stepee said:

So, since they can’t compete in women’s events, can transgender women compete in men’s events, now forcing men to play with women? Or is the rule that transgender women just do get to play chess? 

The chuds would hate seeing someone face to face who gets more sex than them so I’m down.

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

The chuds would hate seeing someone face to face who gets more sex than them so I’m down.

I imagine if a lot of transgender women just said okay fine and just started competing openly with men, and then got too much credit as women competing with men in these activities, there would be a lot of “appearance” based regulations (hair length, outfits) as the next step to try to curb it 

• True 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I imagine if a lot of transgender women just said okay fine and just started competing openly with men, and then got too much credit as women competing with men in these activities, there would be a lot of “appearance” based regulations (hair length, outfits) as the next step to try to curb it 

Can we regulate cis men appearance too? Neck beards, form fitting clothes, height weight proportional with an acceptable body fat percentage etc

• Haha 1

Just now, TUFKAK said:

I’m 100% down to put cis guys through the same shit they try with it others so.

I demand we push for these

Nooo, I mean they already are those things, they wouldn’t have to change anything, it would just be putting transgender women through trying to look like chuds, so no good

My point is just it’s never going to be good enough, even if transgender people try to work within the rules they line out, they will continue changing the rules however much it takes. 

For all the horseshit arguments pretending to give a damn about the sanctity of middle school soccer tournaments and unfair advantage of a transgender woman competing with women, they sure as hell don’t want that transgender woman to compete with men either. And definitely would not want transgender men competing with women, and definitely not with men.

They don’t want them competing, or to to get at the obvious point of the entire argument, existing.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Nooo, I mean they already are those things, they wouldn’t have to change anything, it would just be putting transgender women through trying to look like chuds, so no good

My point is just it’s never going to be good enough, even if transgender people try to work within the rules they line out, they will continue changing the rules however much it takes. 

For all the horseshit arguments pretending to give a damn about the sanctity of middle school soccer tournaments and unfair advantage of a transgender woman competing with women, they sure as hell don’t want that transgender woman to compete with men either. And definitely would not want transgender men competing with women, and definitely not with men.

They don’t want them competing, or to to get at the obvious point of the entire argument, existing.

Let me share a very old story 

me and my birth giver are estranged but, a very long time ago she broke the gender barrier in multiple places in the Fire Dept she retired from and the one I worked for. She told me once about the local agencies raising the physical standards yearly, back when they required a pt test to be a firefighter, to push her out. She kept passing it until they raised it to a level their good ole boy sister fucking mouth breathers started failing while she kept passing. They dropped the requirement the following year. She worked in fire stations where there were no gender based bathrooms, I never worked at one where there wasn’t.

Were not gonna win this fight with words, they need to be embarrassed and humbled and I am here for destroying them and their world view.

• Hype 1

55 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Let me share a very old story 

me and my birth giver are estranged but, a very long time ago she broke the gender barrier in multiple places in the Fire Dept she retired from and the one I worked for. She told me once about the local agencies raising the physical standards yearly, back when they required a pt test to be a firefighter, to push her out. She kept passing it until they raised it to a level their good ole boy sister fucking mouth breathers started failing while she kept passing. They dropped the requirement the following year. She worked in fire stations where there were no gender based bathrooms, I never worked at one where there wasn’t.

Were not gonna win this fight with words, they need to be embarrassed and humbled and I am here for destroying them and their world view.

Just to be clear, I’m not disagreeing with you at all, just ranting about how fed up I am with the false concern trolling around sports shit that I see even from people here still sometimes that are otherwise more progressive. 

I’d love to see people start finding ways to use their rules to flip it on them and put them in a corner like that.

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Just to be clear, I’m not disagreeing with you at all, just ranting about how fed up I am with the false concern trolling around sports shit that I see even from people here still sometimes that are otherwise more progressive. 

I’d love to see people start finding ways to use their rules to flip it on them and put them in a corner like that.

Same, it’s insanely frustrating to have the same fight every year with these people. 

Only way I see this one going is to destroy their worldview with demonstrations like above

• 3 weeks later...

Jk we don’t want women anyway (based on our actions)

https%3A%2F%2Fjenshahade.substack.com%2F
JENSHAHADE.SUBSTACK.COM

My personal Substack

I have resigned from US Chess and as of Sept 7, will no longer serve as director of the US Chess Women’s Program that I started four years ago.
Prior to my work with US Chess Women, I launched US Chess’s online magazine, CLO, where I wrote, edited, and assigned many hundreds of chess-related articles.  I chaired the organizing committee for the first five and hosted the first ten US Championships and US Women’s Championships held in St. Louis, which brought the conditions and competition to a new level of prestige.
The Women’s Committee at US Chess inspired me to fundraise for a Women’s Program when I learned about their girls club room, and I’m grateful to them and to the many US Chess staff and volunteers who’ve supported me.
I’ve loved hosting hundreds of girls and women’s chess events, including sessions with Judit Polgar and Garry Kasparov. Many of these events brought in girls from all over the World, from Kenya to Colombia, showing the power of chess to connect us. The US Chess Women grant program reached thousands of girls at non profits across the country and I spoke about our work in speeches and panels from Harvard and MIT to the Bank of America. I passed on the message of women, chess, and empowerment via numerous venues including Vanity Fair, CBS News, NPR, Forbes, Jeopardy, The Times, NBC and the New York Times. I wrote an award-winning WSJ op-ed on women in chess, exec produced two acclaimed videos on US Chess Events for the New Yorker and the Atlantic, and hosted four years of Ladies Knight. Most recently, I spoke to CNN International about FIDE’s cruel restrictions on transgender players, and I’m so happy that US Chess’s policy contradicts theirs.
Sadly, I leave with heavy concerns. After I went public in February with a viral tweet about being assaulted by a prominent Grandmaster, things escalated quickly. More women came forward to me and a Wall Street Journal article, “How Allegations Against a U.S. Grandmaster Went Unaddressed for Years” dropped on International Women’s Day.  You can read a particularly detailed account of the timeline and institutional failures—in lichess’s “Breaking the Silence” as well as a subsequent WSJ piece on the fallout. One of the most alarming facts that came out was that US Chess sent Alejandro as a coach at the Women’s Olympiad—an event that includes over 100 minors—despite my repeated warnings (in addition to warnings from others) that he allegedly abused a 15-year-old, and that he had also attacked me. With the truth out, I was hopeful, perhaps naively so, that I could help reset the pieces and forge a better future within US Chess especially for our girls and children.
Instead of support, I was greeted with hostility. My tweet—the one that finally instigated consequences—was criticized by US Chess. A lawyer representing the organization told me to be “mindful” that speaking up could violate policy and “jeopardize” US Chess’s process. From the Women’s Olympiad coach selection to the day I resigned, my advice and accomplishments were consistently minimized or ignored.
Based on what I’ve seen, I cannot currently lend my credibility to the organization in good conscience. This is especially true since I’ve become a de facto confidante for so many women and girls—making it essential for me to have faith in executive decision making and communication.
Those familiar with institutional betrayal and whistleblowing won’t find any of this surprising. As painful as it was, I am confident the insights I gained will help me in my advocacy and work.
I wish the best for US Chess in making the necessary changes in the future. And to whoever takes over US Chess Women, know that my door is always open to chat.
My deepest admiration goes to the Jane Doe’s who stepped up and broke the silence, to make the game safer for the next generation.  To any survivors reading this post, whether you’ve spoken up or not: know that to me, you are the important one.
In truth, Jennifer Shahade