DF Breaksdown the Graphics from Ubisoft Forward

AbsolutSurgen

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you like action movies, they are both pretty solid.

Sadly I do not. I used to, but not any more.  I just feel like CGI has turned them into set up/knock down Olympics and it bores me to watch these ultra kinetic scenes play out.  Now when I see a chase scene or a fight brewing I think, oh boy here comes the yelling and the explosions and I can't help but here movie phone guys voice saying over and over "IN A WORLD..." [/old man shakes fist at clouds]. :p

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Sadly I do not. I used to, but not any more.  I just feel like CGI has turned them into set up/knock down Olympics and it bores me to watch these ultra kinetic scenes play out.

Avatar movies are all practical effects. It's a nice throwback so you should definitely watch them both back to back!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Sadly I do not. I used to, but not any more.  I just feel like CGI has turned them into set up/knock down Olympics and it bores me to watch these ultra kinetic scenes play out.  Now when I see a chase scene or a fight brewing I think, oh boy here comes the yelling and the explosions and I can't help but here movie phone guys voice saying over and over "IN A WORLD..." [/old man shakes fist at clouds]. :p

I think these may surprise you (they are James Cameron movies after all).  If you like his older stuff, there is a good chance you'll like this.

• Halal 1

15 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Both movies are mediocre at best IMO. They’re more spectacle than anything. The first movie is especially meh if you’re not watching in 3D.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Both movies are mediocre at best IMO. They’re more spectacle than anything. The first movie is especially meh if you’re not watching in 3D.

I think even the biggest fans of the movies would agree with this. I mean, maybe there are some freaks out there that are deeply invested in the characters somehow. But yeah, the whole appeal is the spectacle. That’s why I didn’t “get” the first movie until I finally saw it in a theater last year. They’re great theatrical experiences, but watching these movies at home is basically pointless.