A fun discovery about my smart watch this morning.

Jason

I was sitting in my desk chair at home for a bit and my watch buzzed at me to remind me to move around. I decided to jerk off and then the watch buzzed a "good job at getting moving again" messaged at me.

It seems that the watch detects jerking off as walking.

8 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

You hope,‘otherwise that’s some very intimate data harvesting.

I'm pretty confident it's registering it as walking because I saw the step counter had gone up after I was done. :p

• 4 weeks later...

My Apple Watch posted a notification about an atrial fibrillation earlier this year.  Even though I was pretty skeptical, I booked an appointment with my cardiologist, got tested, and ultimately confirmed the diagnosis. Now taking beta blockers to reduce the risk of clotting.

Feeling pretty thankful that I had the watch, and acted on the notificaiton.  WIthout it, I'd be living at a singificantly greater risk of stroke/heart attack for god knows how long.

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, GoldenTongue said:

My Apple Watch posted a notification about an atrial fibrillation earlier this year.  Even though I was pretty skeptical, I booked an appointment with my cardiologist, got tested, and ultimately confirmed the diagnosis. Now taking beta blockers to reduce the risk of clotting.

Feeling pretty thankful that I had the watch, and acted on the notificaiton.  WIthout it, I'd be living at a singificantly greater risk of stroke/heart attack for god knows how long.

Holy shit.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Man just like health care I can’t afford an Apple Watch either. I’m dead af

Same. I'm relatively healthy for my age and at a good weight. But stress, sadness, anxiety, and panic attacks are going to kill me slowly. 

• Sad 1