Warrior Season 3 June 29th on MAX Now with Trailer!

• 1 month later...
  • skillzdadirecta changed the title to Warrior Season 3 June 29th on MAX Now with Trailer!
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Greatoneshere said:

I'll definitely be watching, but I'm assuming this is going to be the last season? Just given how HBO/Max/Discovery has been going lately, they already cancelled the excellent Perry Mason.

I'm going to assume they aren't looking a gift horse in the mouth and will wrap it up at the end of the season. They never actually thought the show would get revived for a 3rd season to begin with, I can't imagine they would leave it on a cliffhanger.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm going to assume they aren't looking a gift horse in the mouth and will wrap it up at the end of the season. They never actually thought the show would get revived for a 3rd season to begin with, I can't imagine they would leave it on a cliffhanger.

This is my thinking as well. Will definitely be watching the first 3 episodes this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the first season on Blu-ray during the Prime sale because of the trailer above. Watched the first episode and would call this the “Asian” version of Deadwood. So I might need to hold back and get my mom watching this too. She fucking loves Deadwood and minus the martial arts, has the same grunge like style too it 

On 7/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, silentbob said:

I just bought the first season on Blu-ray during the Prime sale because of the trailer above. Watched the first episode and would call this the “Asian” version of Deadwood. So I might need to hold back and get my mom watching this too. She fucking loves Deadwood and minus the martial arts, has the same grunge like style too it 

It is basically if you mixed Deadwood with a Bruce Lee movie.

FUCKING WATCH IT, JESUS

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally catching up on this and just watched the first three episodes. I know the season (series?) finale airs this week, I should be caught up by then. So far, it's more of the same, which is to say, typically awesome Warrior. It picks up right where it left off and doesn't miss a beat. The addition of Marc Dacascos to the cast just makes it better. 

• Halal 1

Here's how I would sell Warrior to people: Did you like Deadwood? Cool, then  you'll like it, but hol'up - do you like martial arts movies? You do? Then fucking great

BECAUSE IT'S A MIXTURE OF DEADWOOD WITH MARTIAL ARTS

Like it's a goddam mix of The Raid and Deadwood. Fuck my tight little ass, WATCH THE SHOW.

• Haha 3

Weekly reminder to watch the show you stupid fucking troglodytes.

I love where the show is going now. There are only two more episodes, but I can feel it building. I don't have that "how are they going to wrap up every plotline" feeling. I'm pretty sure they will.

The two fight scenes in this episode were sick as fuck. I was hoping we would get another Ah-Sam vs. Dylan fight this season, but I don't think that's where the show is going.

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I finally got my brother to start watching it and he was like "I can see why you like it, it's like kung fu deadwood."

YES. YES IT IS KUNG FU DEADWOOD, YOU IDIOT

Only if Deadwood had an anti-capitalist message.

It's not really like Deadwood though. Deadwood's David Milch written dialogue is so unique and the show is much more of a slow burn than Warrior. Warrior is just your typical prestige TV drama by comparison, it plays out like a lot of those shows like Black Sails and Hells on Wheels, but as much as I like Warrior, it isn't Deadwood, no way. I wouldn't call Black Sails or Hells on Wheels like Deadwood either. The Knick is closer to Deadwood than this show.

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's not really like Deadwood though. Deadwood's David Milch written dialogue is so unique and the show is much more of a slow burn than Warrior. Warrior is just your typical prestige TV drama by comparison, it plays out like a lot of those shows like Black Sails and Hells on Wheels, but as much as I like Warrior, it isn't Deadwood, no way. I wouldn't call Black Sails or Hells on Wheels like Deadwood either. The Knick is closer to Deadwood than this show.

You're right. In terms of writing, Deadwood is almost like fucked up Shakespeare. I mean more in setting and atmosphere. Gritty underbelly of the 19th century version of late stage capitalism set in the American West. Count how many shows you can think of with that scenario. I only know of 2.

I'm terms of writing, you're right, it's closer to black sails. Also a great show.

So maybe it's like black sails and Deadwood had a baby.

• True 1

Finally watched the last two episodes - a great season and season finale, but definitely acted like it was just another season of the show as if they're definitely getting a fourth season. A lot happened to shake up the status quo this season for a lot of the main characters, so I definitely want a season 4 now. Hopefully it can survive everything WB/HBO has been going through.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Finally watched the last two episodes - a great season and season finale, but definitely acted like it was just another season of the show as if they're definitely getting a fourth season. A lot happened to shake up the status quo this season for a lot of the main characters, so I definitely want a season 4 now. Hopefully it can survive everything WB/HBO has been going through.

Yeah, I'm nervous now.  They definitely left a lot of cliffhangers, especially with Leary and Ah Toy.

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

With Ah Sahm and his sister too. They're both lone wolves now.

Yeah, but I'm like... That still somewhat puts a bow on their story. It wraps up the initial story from the first episode in a way. I would be somewhat okay if that's where it ended. The rest of it? Not so much.

• 3 months later...
DEADLINE.COM

'Warrior' Canceled At Max As Netflix Picks Up Non-Exclusive Rights To 3 Existing Seasons

All is not lost however...

However, the existing three seasons of the martial arts crime drama are set to find additional audiences as Netflix has picked up the series’ library in a co-exclusive deal with Max in Warner Bros. Discovery streamer’s markets.

Warrior is expected to debut on Netflix in February 2024. If it does well, Netflix could presumably order a new season of the drama based on an original concept and treatment by Bruce Lee, sources tell Deadline exclusively.

STREAM IT YA CUNTS.