311k jobs created in February in U.S., once again outpacing expectations

107196061-16765809152023-02-16t205239z_2
WWW.CNBC.COM

Nonfarm payrolls were expected to increase by 225,000 in February, while the unemployment rate was projected to hold at 3.4%, according to Dow Jones.

Nonfarm payrolls rose by 311,000 for the month, the Labor Department reported Friday. That was above the 225,000 Dow Jones estimate and a sign that the employment market is still hot.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

If I was more conspiratorially minded I would be highly suspect of this, as I've never noticed more help wanted signs in my life.

Yeah I see tons of hiring going on around me and for evert one story I see closing another 3 are opening.

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

If I was more conspiratorially minded I would be highly suspect of this, as I've never noticed more help wanted signs in my life.

It's still a pretty hot job market with wages on the uptick. I'd imagine the kind of business that puts up a help wanted sign is also on the lower end of the pay scale.

11 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

You see "help wanted" for minimum wage jobs. In any city in America, a minimum wage job doesn't even come close to being able to pay rent and eat (especially if you have kids), so what's the point. If you have other options available, people just don't want to do any of those jobs. Right now, a lot of people have options.

"We can never find good help!"

"Have you tried paying your employees more?"

"If I paid my employees a living wage, I would be out of business!"

".... well, maybe you shouldn't be in business, then."

The wonders of capitalism. The owner class gets protected at all costs.