‘Strange World’ To Lose $147M

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

no clue how the flick is but they barely advertised the movie 

Yea, I legit didn’t see any ads until after it was already in theaters. It’s purely anecdotal, but it doesn’t seem like Disney put their normal effort into advertising this. I saw more ads for Raya: The Last Dragon during a pandemic where theaters were closed than I did for Strange World.

Oh yes, this movie bombing was a lead story you know where... that was 100% the narrative they were going with.

It was pretty funny how the same article also pointed out that Black Panther... another Disney movie that's surely even "woker" or whatever was the number one movie for the second week in a row.

I’m sure the gay teenager character had some effect, both on the part of Disney’s marketing efforts and in redder parts of the country as a part of their culture war.

It is also a really weak flick generally, so I doubt it would have had staying power even if Disney marketed it well because the WOM was not going to be good.