Currently at Jury Duty

best3444

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How long does this last on the first day? Have you done it before?

I've gone probably 4 or 5 times, they really like picking my name.

It can take a while sometimes, sometimes not. You don't always get chosen on the first day. The first day you wait for your name to be called, sometimes they are nice and dismiss you early (Like I was dismissed once because they didn't want to pick anyone before a holiday)

I was picked once and I think I was sitting around longer than usual and I thought I wouldn't get picked at the time but I did. :p

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've gone probably 4 or 5 times, they really like picking my name.

It can take a while sometimes, sometimes not. You don't always get chosen on the first day. The first day you wait for your name to be called, sometimes they are nice and dismiss you early (Like I was dismissed once because they didn't want to pick anyone before a holiday)

I was picked once and I think I was sitting around longer than usual and I thought I wouldn't get picked at the time but I did. :p

Ok. Thanks for the information. So my plan in my first post wouldn't dismiss me ASAP?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

If I'd pull down my pants and ran around like a sick pervert exposing my 2'' penis would that potentially dismiss me from this?

I never did this in my 22 years being an adult. :s

I first read this as "2nd penis" and man, I had follow up questions! :p

• Sicko Sherman 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They'll get your ass believe me.

40 people were selected already for a case. I wasn't assigned a number and I'm sitting in the back. I wonder what this means?

All I have to do is tell the truth about my belief system and I’ll be out of that bitch in about 10 minutes 

• Haha 1

I've been to jury duty 6 or 7 times. Pretty much every 2 years on the dot since I was 18. I think it's something to do with my SSN being easily picked by any formula (obviously I won't tell you why that's a thing, but it is), which I'm pretty sure is how they pick people.

Honestly, it's not bad. Just bring a game and chill for the day.

Don't try to get out of jury duty. A college professor put it to me like this: imagine you get accused of a crime you didn't commit. Who would you want on your jury? Only the people who were too stupid to know how to get out of it? ... Do your fucking jury duty. If it gets in the way of work, they'll give you a six month deferment.

There have been some horror stories, though. Did you know the jury for the OJ trial was sequestered for like EIGHT MONTHS. Can you imagine? God forbid you owned a business, because you won't anymore after that.

There have been overhauls since then. That jury went on strike multiple times.

OJ trial... wild times.

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wasn't picked. Wasted 7 hours doing absolutely nothing. I got paid for work since it’s a civil service. I also was paid $9 today for the 7 hours I was there. 😆 

Next time, pack a switch or something. One time I got called two days in a row and didn't end up actually on a jury. Another time I was in and out in less than an hour because the trial got delayed for some reason and that was the only trial scheduled for that day, so they just let everyone go.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Next time, pack a switch or something. One time I got called two days in a row and didn't end up actually on a jury. Another time I was in and out in less than an hour because the trial got delayed for some reason and that was the only trial scheduled for that day, so they just let everyone go.

I'm weird with playing videogames in front of others. I just was on YouTube etc. 

25 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I drove there. And there were very few people there. Then it turns out that in very small print on the summons it says you're supposed to call after 5 pm every day to see if you're selected and then if you are you come in. :|

So did you miss work today because of that?

On 10/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

@GameDadGrant Would you bring a Steam Deck to jury duty or do you think it would be too much of a hassle to bring with you to the courthouse?

I have jury duty on Tuesday and it's virtual but if I get picked I'll bring my Next Advance (or hopefully OXP mini pro) with me. Just for breaks and lunches of course.