spacer.png Tennessee at spacer.png Houston 1:05 PM CBS
spacer.png Washington at spacer.png Indianapolis  1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png San Francisco at spacer.png LA Rams 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png NY Giants atspacer.png Seattle 1:25 PM FOX
spacer.png Green Bay atspacer.png Buffalo 5:20 PM NBC
Monday, October 31 🎃
Matchup       Time (PT) TV
spacer.png Cincinnati at spacer.png Cleveland 5:15 PM ESPN

Last week teams found great success with backup QBs, this week even more will be taking the field. Will these trends continue?

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

3 months ago when you looked at the Week 8 schedule and had to guess which games would be between both teams over .500, would anyone have guessed that Seahawks-Giants was the only one??

Yeah, Green Bay at  Buffalo probably looked good months ago but looking like a blowout in the making now. :p

I am not aware of anyone in Raider Nation who predicted how the Raiders running game would look over the last 3 games.

The O-Line has been dominant in pass blocking, and boy has Josh Jacob stepped up his game.  If they continue to be this productive (and I don't see how this is possible), they could become the #1 offence in the NFL.

If only the defence hadn't regressed so much this year....

20 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I am not aware of anyone in Raider Nation who predicted how the Raiders running game would look over the last 3 games.

The O-Line has been dominant in pass blocking, and boy has Josh Jacob stepped up his game.  If they continue to be this productive (and I don't see how this is possible), they could become the #1 offence in the NFL.

If only the defence hadn't regressed so much this year....

Referring to the Bills, just because they are currently in first in yards per game (440).  The Raiders are at 367 per, closer to averaging 400 yards more recently.

If they were to keep it up they would need to outgain the Bills by 40 yards every single game for the rest of the year.

Side note, biggest thing for the Raiders is that they have 4 very winnable games in row which would be a nice setup to put them in a playoff position.

Tough game after that in Seattle, but the December 4th game against the Chargers would be huge.

57 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Referring to the Bills, just because they are currently in first in yards per game (440).  The Raiders are at 367 per, closer to averaging 400 yards more recently.

If they were to keep it up they would need to outgain the Bills by 40 yards every single game for the rest of the year.

Side note, biggest thing for the Raiders is that they have 4 very winnable games in row which would be a nice setup to put them in a playoff position.

Tough game after that in Seattle, but the December 4th game against the Chargers would be huge.

Bills are 31.9 PPG (1st in league).

Raiders are 27.2PPG (3rd in league), but 33.3 PPG over last 3.  (Including 32 on a Denver defence that hasn't given up more than 19 to anyone else).

The Raiders only have 3 of their 11 remaining games against teams with winning records (KC, LAC, Seahawks).  So the schedule doesn't look like the obstacle.

Seahawks and Chargers both struggle to defend the run, so the Raiders O seems to match up well against them.

When you're 2-4 a lot of things need to go right to make the playoffs -- if they do make it, I think they will probably need to win in the finale against the Chiefs.

• True 1

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Raiders are 27.2PPG (3rd in league), but 33.3 PPG over last 3.  (Including 32 on a Denver defence that hasn't given up more than 19 to anyone else).

The Raiders only have 3 of their 11 remaining games against teams with winning records (KC, LAC, Seahawks).  So the schedule doesn't look like the obstacle.

Seahawks and Chargers both struggle to defend the run, so the Raiders O seems to match up well against them.

When you're 2-4 a lot of things need to go right to make the playoffs -- if they do make it, I think they will probably need to win in the finale against the Chiefs.

Let's just say Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, and Titans to get them out of the way.

The other team in the division title mix right now being the Bengals, which should be included, just for the sake of argument, with the above.

That leaves two spots which are presently held by the Jets and Miami.  Miami's schedule, when I did a quick review, isn't that difficult and they are 4-0 with Tua who is back.  Seriously...I expect the Phins to finish 10-7 to even 12-5.

I respect everything (honestly) that the Jets have done, but I also expect them to either drop off or at least fall back.

I think that leaves them, and the Chargers and and Raiders vying for that last spot, at least as of now.

It is kind of the most exciting thing to watch in the AFC right now.

• True 1

On 10/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

On 10/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Abs, you can’t say two nice things in a row about your team over the last few years without them turning around and ****ing you.  Honestly.

Sorry, brother.  They did you nasty.  Ridiculous.  That should have been a win.  

On 10/30/2022 at 7:53 PM, Slug said:

Washington Football Team GIF by Washington Commanders

In the off season I expressed my indifference or lack of zeal for Wentz.  Some around here like and respect his numbers, but other than his great season leading up to the Super Bowl victory by Thick **** Nick, I just don't have the feels for him.

That said...F' it, I would stay with Heinicke.  Really is anybody going to worry about bruising the ego or psyche of Wentz like he is some battle tested, grizzled veteran that has victory coursing through his veins.

"." because it is rhetorical.