My life has hit a terrible spot and I'm making two small changes that suck

best3444

I lost my cat of 12 years this past Monday. He was deteriorating rapidly and after a three day vacation, we came back to find he had gone totally blind and was completely disoriented. It was a hard decision to decide to do what was best for him, but ultimately that's what was most important.

You still have a fuzzy friend to come back to. It's something even to strive for. With hard work on yourself and your situation, you'll be reunited soon. Look forward to that!

• Hugs 6

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Just interested in what garbage they are saying now. If something was said about you, wouldn't you want to know what was said?

It was towards me, not you.

If you really want to know, they're running amok on the D1P discord. It's good times. I blew up on them.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

definitely not. Pets are a source of unconditional love...which goes both ways. He'll miss you as much as you miss him.

That's what I keep questioning. Will he remember me in a few months? A year? Do I want to play with his emotions and see him from time to time? 

I'm kinda weighing on leaving him go for good. I don't want to mess with his life anymore than I have.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

That's what I keep questioning. Will he remember me in a few months? A year? Do I want to play with his emotions and see him from time to time? 

I'm kinda weighing on leaving him go for good. I don't want to mess with his life anymore than I have.

It’s a cat so I’d say go for it. 

• True 3

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

He'll definitely remember you a year later. He may be an angry kitty for the first couple days but then he'll shower you with affection and be super clingy for a long while.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Dogs will remember their owners for years, which is why you see all those heart breaking videos of soldiers returning from duty and getting reunited. Not sure how long cats remember but I am thinking it's something similar. When I was in high school my uncle was moving around a lot so he ended up leaving his two cats with my family and they most definitely remembered him whenever he showed up.  If you think it will make you feel better to see him I say visit when you can. If you think he's  made himself a home in the new place you can always leave him there, but nothing wrong with saying hi to an old friend. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Last time I came home from Crete, we were gone for a month, my kitty avoided me for a few hours. But then I woke up with him basically sleeping on my face, he doesn’t do that, and he was attached to me, not my fiancé, for a week. They know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

It’s a cat so I’d say go for it. 

True. 

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

He'll definitely remember you a year later. He may be an angry kitty for the first couple days but then he'll shower you with affection and be super clingy for a long while.

Interesting and good to know. 

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Dogs will remember their owners for years, which is why you see all those heart breaking videos of soldiers returning from duty and getting reunited. Not sure how long cats remember but I am thinking it's something similar. When I was in high school my uncle was moving around a lot so he ended up leaving his two cats with my family and they most definitely remembered him whenever he showed up.  If you think it will make you feel better to see him I say visit when you can. If you think he's  made himself a home in the new place you can always leave him there, but nothing wrong with saying hi to an old friend. 

Well reading what you guys ate saying, I will in fact visit him and maybe even take him back when I move again.

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

Last time I came home from Crete, we were gone for a month, my kitty avoided me for a few hours. But then I woke up with him basically sleeping on my face, he doesn’t do that, and he was attached to me, not my fiancé, for a week. They know.

Thanks. I will see my lil boy soon. <3

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Thanks. I will see my lil boy soon. <3

Let me make it clearer

i often joke he loves her more than me, mainly because he spends more time with her. She’s wfh, I’m healthcare so I leave for a long time, plus I ruined our tradition of me cuddling him when I’d come from work, he’d meet me at the door, during the pandemic as I was too worried to pick him up until I showered.

But after a mutual separation he’s more affectionate with me than her. He definitely remembers all our past, I’m sure your boy will too.

• Hugs 1

• 1 month later...

Well, after 2 months I'm doing much better emotionally, physically, and mentally.

The financial burden has been lifted so I'm slowly paying things off while saving some money. My eating habits completely changed and I'm so much more healthier now. Being around my parents and their dog has helped me out socially and I don't feel alone anymore. Things are finally feeling better just in time for Christmas and then my birthday which is New Years Eve.

Now, I just have to keep saving and keep up with therapy and things will get better. My ultimate goal is to eventually get back out on my own and establish a relationship as soon as possible. I need companionship and a woman in my life. I'll be 41 so I'm not getting any younger. 

Elton is doing pretty well. I've been in touch with my buddy who took him and he sends me updates and pics. I knew Elton was an alpha male, and the stories I'm hearing confirm that lol. He now lives in a much bigger place with so much more things to do. He is living with 5 other cats and he is the king of the manor. He is in complete control of the food, litter boxes, and from what I hear, all the cats follow his lead.

I ultimately decided that I will never take him back. His life is much better now and I don't want to fuck that up when I move. I still tear up when I see pics of him and I really miss him still. I loved that cat more than any other animal I've ever had.

Anyway, I figured I'd update this and I appreciate your support everyone!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2