Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - "Season 1" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

On 9/13/2022 at 6:07 PM, SimpleG said:

Double EWGF at 1:00 is ever so satisfying. They better do some decent rollback and fix the damn cheaters on PC though.

why I don't play fighters on PC, cheaters ruin everything but ESPECIALLY on PC!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ya’ll doing a play through of each character, story mode, or the Arcade mode first? I’ll probably go story > characters > Arcade. And some multi sprinkled in.

story with each character first

• Hype 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 26 January 2024) - reviews from OpenCritic posted and "Devil Jin - Reveal & Gameplay" trailer
9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Got it on Fanatical and my key is ready! :o

Well that made me actually check my order today and sure enough it was there! Preloading on the deck and will preload on desktop before I got get my starbucks. Let’s goooooo

• Shocked 1
  • Hype 1

It’s soooo good! I had plenty of headroom since fighters are locked at 60fps so I’m playing it at 6k and it’s such a clean image and the hdr is GOOD here. MK no longer has the graphics throne for fighters. Nor the single placer content throne. They are going to have to get back to work after SF6 and now this have raised the bar for fighters. Love to see it.

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s soooo good! I had plenty of headroom since fighters are locked at 60fps so I’m playing it at 6k and it’s such a clean image and the hdr is GOOD here. MK no longer has the graphics throne for fighters. Nor the single placer content throne. They are going to have to get back to work after SF6 and now this have raised the bar for fighters. Love to see it.

The fighting controls feel so damn good 

• True 1

Tried it out on deck and seems to run great at 60fps after setting it to low and 80% res scale using TAUU. Looks fantastic actually and hdr works out of the gate on the oled deck. It’s actually a bit of a show off game for the system. Having this day1 on a handheld so un-compromised reminds me how awesome things are with handhelds right now. 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This game have crossplay? You guys gonna organize some old school board tournys?

Idk about the latter but I can confirm it does have cross play! Right now it appears online is a bit of a mess (haven’t tried myself) but that isn’t a huge surprise for launch day of anything sadly.

This reminds me of a Tekken 3 moment (beyond that’s the only one i played a lot of!) with its reception, amount of day1 content, polish (outside of server issues), and just how FUN the whole package seems. And I’m guessing the sales will follow as well. Now do exactly this but Soul Calibur next! You got that Elden Ring money now, you can do two fighters again.

• Hype 1

We are currently experiencing errors during online matches and spectating in TEKKEN 8 due to a high concentration of users connecting to matching and competition servers. We are actively working on resolving this issue and will update as soon as possible. Thank you!

I think maybe they underestimated the popularity of the game. :p

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Don’t forget KUMA! 

Also did you create your avatar for the hub? It’s pretty cool. 

Not yet, have tried that mode yet but will soon. I’m going to want to actually mix modes because going through character stories ends up being too much of the same background over and over. I would rather it went through different stages, idk why it doesn’t tbh. Even if nothing else with the setup or anything changed, just swapping around backgrounds. It’s my only complaint so far. Still awesome of course that each character even gets a unique story with cinematics like this.