Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - "Season 1" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just realize I own Tekken 7 on PS5... musta claimed from PS+. Should probably check it out at some point.

Nice. Imo though 8’s fighting is sooooo much better than 7’s. 8 had a demo but I don’t know if it’s still available. Maybe check it out after playing 7 and compare. I believe you’ll feel the difference. 

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Nice. Imo though 8’s fighting is sooooo much better than 7’s. 8 had a demo but I don’t know if it’s still available. Maybe check it out after playing 7 and compare. I believe you’ll feel the difference. 

Yeah the last Tekken I really played a lot was 3. Always loved the series though.  

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah the last Tekken I really played a lot was 3. Always loved the series though.  

I'm in your boat, kinda. I had only played Tekken 3 and then played Tekken 7. It was so different I didn't stick with it much. I also really couldn't find a character I liked

But I did pick up Tekken 8 and it is sticking with me a lot better. It also helped that there were several characters I was interested in right from the beginning.

If you want to play Tekken 7 you won't lose anything from playing it if you've never played it I suppose. 

WWW.VGCHARTZ.COM

Bandai Namco in its earnings call announced Tekken 8 has sold over two million units worldwide and is [...]

Bandai Namco in its earnings call announced Tekken 8 has sold over two million units worldwide and is selling better than expectations.

It has Tekken 8 less than three weeks to sell over two million units. This compares to Tekken 7, which took around two months to reach the same milestone.

• Hype 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - over 2 million units sold (exceeding expectations)

I'm still chipping away at arcade quest so I haven't gone online yet. I'm sorta kinda remembering combos and discovering new moves every time I play so I think I might be comfortable playing against a real person sometime in the future. :p

For instance yesterday I figured out how to do a true electric not a fake one, with Reina.

(Reina has a move: Wind God Step, the game teaches you as d/f 3, but I saw some combo the other day that had f d d/f, if you input the motion input you get an Electric wind god fist, but if you do the regular input you just get normal wind god fist) :nerd:

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm still chipping away at arcade quest so I haven't gone online yet. I'm sorta kinda remembering combos and discovering new moves every time I play so I think I might be comfortable playing against a real person sometime in the future. :p

For instance yesterday I figured out how to do a true electric not a fake one, with Reina.

(Reina has a move: Wind God Step, the game teaches you as d/f 3, but I saw some combo the other day that had f d d/f, if you input the motion input you get an Electric wind god fist, but if you do the regular input you just get normal wind god fist) :nerd:

How’s Arcade Quest? I haven’t done that part yet. 

55 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

but is it profitable?

2 Million in 3 weeks I would say it is on track to be the best selling Tekken game. Tekken 7 is currently the best selling game with 10 million copies and that game had legs (basically 10 years) and like Stepee said it's going to have a bunch of character passes down the line. Whoever they choose as the guest character is gonna make the game pop off too. Supposedly Noctis was someone who moved the needle for the game (Tekken 7) imagine if they get someone way cooler. :p

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

2 Million in 3 weeks I would say it is on track to be the best selling Tekken game. Tekken 7 is currently the best selling game with 10 million copies and that game had legs (basically 10 years) and like Stepee said it's going to have a bunch of character passes down the line. Whoever they choose as the guest character is gonna make the game pop off too. Supposedly Noctis was someone who moved the needle for the game (Tekken 7) imagine if they get someone way cooler. :p

Its going to be 2B there is no other answer 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She's all over the place already and also was in Soul Calibur. I think they might go for something else. Plus there are already two sword characters in the game already!

That’s why I said it’s her, she’s in fucking everything :P

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Okay enough is enough. They need to nerf Draguov and King. People spam their specials and you can’t block the shit most of the time. 

What does the replay say the punish is?

For King are you talking about their throw loops? Those have specific input breaks.

On 2/16/2024 at 11:51 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

So here's a summary

They have 3 updates planned, 1 this month, another next month and then future updates of course into April and beyond

This month's update will be the addition of the Tekken Shop in the avatar lobby. They have a Uni Qlo collaboration and you can get avatar and character Uni Qlo clothes for free. They are selling legacy character costumes in the shop which will cost like $4 and you get corresponding  avatar costumes. They are planning on updating the shop once or twice a month.

They are going to fix bugged moves.

A bunch of merch announcements. Lin Xiaoyu Nendoroid

Future updates they want to have online practice, ghost vs ghost mode, photo mode

They said they want the story mode expansion to be free when DLC characters drop

THEY SHOWED EDDY GAMEPLAY - Seems like a whole new character now, builds levels kind of like street fighter characters

They think in a future update they want to give the ability to put your chosen character on the main menu

They are adding an exit button on the main menu (instead of going to options to exit the game)

They want to make Reina jackets but no guarantees.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

The visuals are absolutely beautiful. 

The game is so damn fluid. I love the fighting mechanics. Online is buttery smooth and a blast to play. I love grabbing my avatar and heading into the online arcade to play quick matches, ranked, and just playing other random players ghosts. 

• Hype 1

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The game is so damn fluid. I love the fighting mechanics. Online is buttery smooth and a blast to play. I love grabbing my avatar and heading into the online arcade to play quick matches, ranked, and just playing other random players ghosts. 

That's great. I downloaded the demo just to play more of it. Fighting games aren't my cup of tea but I appreciate it's greatness. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's great. I downloaded the demo just to play more of it. Fighting games aren't my cup of tea but I appreciate it's greatness. 

I’ve played a lot of fighters. This one is the best in my opinion.