Has anyone played Metro Exodus with the updates for the next gen consoles?

best3444

I played this back at release in 2019 I believe and I barely remember much about it. I've read that the enhancements for the PS5 and XSX are absolutely stunning which has me very intrigued to try this out again.

Has anyone played this last gen and then played the enhanced version on the new consoles? If so, are the improvements big enough to warrant me in playing this again?

I love the genre and the environments in that game from what I remember. 

Played more and this game is now a next-gen title. It's fuckin awesome and creepy too. I'm really having a great time playing both Saints Row and this. Great mix of gameplay. 

Cool thing about  Metro was that it's free with my ps subscription. So I didn't buy Saints Row or Metro. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Played more and this game is now a next-gen title. It's fuckin awesome and creepy too. I'm really having a great time playing both Saints Row and this. Great mix of gameplay. 

Cool thing about  Metro was that it's free with my ps subscription. So I didn't buy Saints Row or Metro. 

Saints Row is on PS+?

And yea, Metro has a lot of jump scares :sadsun:

Boy playing this enhanced version on PS5 is really impressive. This game is survival horror mixed with action RPG elements mixed in. It's so immersive with the added tech and it's a challenging game. 

It's a great game for those who haven't played it yet. 

Boy playing this enhanced version on PS5 is really impressive. This game is survival horror mixed with action RPG elements mixed in. It's so immersive with the added tech and it's a challenging game. 

It's a great game for those who haven't played it yet. 

The 100% ray traced-only lighting + shadows makes a huge difference. It’s a shame most devs only seem to use it for reflections 

• True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The 100% ray traced-only lighting + shadows makes a huge difference. It’s a shame most devs only seem to use it for reflections 

I think RT GI is the biggest game changer I think in graphics tech right now, shame only like three games use it that I can think of (dying light 2 pc version, metro, and cyberpunk pc version). I’m not even sure what the next game to use it is. I’m assuming something European. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I think RT GI is the biggest game changer I think in graphics tech right now, shame only like three games use it that I can think of (dying light 2 pc version, metro, and cyberpunk pc version). I’m not even sure what the next game to use it is. I’m assuming something European. 

It’s probably going to be rare for a bit as the PS5 and XSX seem to struggle a bit with ray tracing, though devs seem to be getting better at having it scale to where performance impacts aren’t as devastating. Maybe once the PS5 and XSX start using FSR 2.0 we could start seeing RT-GI more often 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s probably going to be rare for a bit as the PS5 and XSX seem to struggle a bit with ray tracing, though devs seem to be getting better at having it scale to where performance impacts aren’t as devastating. Maybe once the PS5 and XSX start using FSR 2.0 we could start seeing RT-GI more often 

Yeah, I fear that adding rt GI is too much of an effort to bother adding just for the pc version so I hope you are right! Or maybe at least when pros hit.

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah, I fear that adding rt GI is too much of an effort to bother adding just for the pc version so I hope you are right! Or maybe at least when pros hit.

I’d say definitely when/if pro versions of the current consoles hit, but I’m hoping for sooner via FSR :sadsun:

Forza with 100% ray tracing would be :fap: 

• True 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I’d say definitely when/if pro versions of the current consoles hit, but I’m hoping for sooner via FSR :sadsun:

Forza with 100% ray tracing would be :fap: 

That’s going to be the problem for me this gen, since pc can totally just do full rt GI right now, and I’ve seen it, I’m going to be wanting to see what every series looks like with it, and I’m going to get so little, at least for awhile longer. :(

Played a few more hours of this today. It's a phenomenal game and can get pretty challenging at times. I enjoy the story and characters and I like using the workbench to mod your guns and gear. It's survival horror most times. Great game and I'm glad I revisited it with the enhancements. 

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played a few more hours of this today. It's a phenomenal game and can get pretty challenging at times. I enjoy the story and characters and I like using the workbench to mod your guns and gear. It's survival horror most times. Great game and I'm glad I revisited it with the enhancements. 

Stealth is def the way in the first open area when possible. You go through ammo quickly 

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Stealth is def the way in the first open area when possible. You go through ammo quickly 

Yea I run out of ammo a lot. On another note, the handgun they give you is absolute trash. You get 3 sloppy shots with it then you must reload which takes more time than it should.

How do you get new guns? Picking them up from the people you kill?

Yea I run out of ammo a lot. On another note, the handgun they give you is absolute trash. You get 3 sloppy shots with it then you must reload which takes more time than it should.

How do you get new guns? Picking them up from the people you kill?

Yes, and exploring. There’s a new handgun that’s pretty great you can find in the first open area if you explore the houses before getting on the boat.

• Thanks 1

Btw, @best3444 make sure you’re stripping parts off weapons you find (there’s should be two options that pop up, one is to swap, the other is to strip the weapon), and also when you do swap for a new weapon to strip your old one once it’s dropped. This gives you weapon mods like stocks, sights, barrels and silencers.

ie: when you find that new handgun I mentioned, if you drop your current sidearm to get it, any mods/attachments you have on the old gun will still be on it, like the silencer. If you don’t strip it, you’ll lose those attachments.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Btw, @best3444 make sure you’re stripping parts off weapons you find (there’s should be two options that pop up, one is to swap, the other is to strip the weapon), and also when you do swap for a new weapon to strip your old one once it’s dropped. This gives you weapon mods like stocks, sights, barrels and silencers.

ie: when you find that new handgun I mentioned, if you drop your current sidearm to get it, any mods/attachments you have on the old gun will still be on it, like the silencer. If you don’t strip it, you’ll lose those attachments.

Yep, I'm stripping parts off weapons for each kill. I make sure to loot everything. 

However, I still have the 3 main guns from early in the game but I've been putting a ton of mods on them. So now my handgun is a fucking beast as well as my semi automatic gun.

The 3rd gun shoots rubber pellets and is useless. I even put a ton of mods on it and it's still shitty. 

I guess I can swap out that gun while I have it equipped and it will then be replaced by the newer gun, correct?

Yep, I'm stripping parts off weapons for each kill. I make sure to loot everything. 

However, I still have the 3 main guns from early in the game but I've been putting a ton of mods on them. So now my handgun is a fucking beast as well as my semi automatic gun.

The 3rd gun shoots rubber pellets and is useless. I even put a ton of mods on it and it's still shitty. 

I guess I can swap out that gun while I have it equipped and it will then be replaced by the newer gun, correct?

If you're referencing the rifle that you need to pump, no, it cannot be swapped out. Make sure you have it pumped up all the way and head shots should be 1-hit kills with it mostly.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you're referencing the rifle that you need to pump, no, it cannot be swapped out. Make sure you have it pumped up all the way and head shots should be 1-hit kills with it mostly.

Yea, the rifle that needs pumped. Thanks for the tip.