D1P Regulars/Lurkers: if you did NOT receive an account confirmation email - Please Read! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
best3444

General Gaming Are you the type of gamer that can play more than one title at a time?

Tried it, but I can't.   I think it ruins the experience too, because you end up rushing to the next game.  You might tell yourself that you will return, but you probably wont.

When I was hardcore into WoW, I skipped a lot of games or just blew through them quickly to get back to WoW.  Wasn't good.  

Gaming is like a fine whine, sipped (even if you are sipping in 18 hour stints), it sucks when you are playing "just to get through it and to the next game".  

2 hours ago, Mithan said:

Gaming is like a fine whine

At first I read this as a typo. But on second thought I think it's got levels. 

1 hour ago, legend said:

At first I read this as a typo. But on second thought I think it's got levels. 

Perceptive.  I've used that statement as a sort of double entendre for years.  Too many years moderating forums :)  

The "crying" aspect is obvious...people bitch and whine constantly, but at the same time, they are like a good glass of wine.  

Beating a game isn't about getting to the next game for me.  It's about beating a game to take a breather before I start the next.  I can't do the multiple games at once thing, although occasionally I do it with a multiplayer one.  When I feel like taking a break from gaming, I usually shelf both titles for good.

I used to be able to, but not so much anymore. Anymore, if I have more than one game to track, I won't be able to decide which game I want to play so I end up not playing anything.

I've actually only played about two or three new (to me at least) games this year I think because of this. I play one SP game at a time until I'm over it/beat it or whatever and am usually tired of video games afterwards. Then after some down time I'll play something else or replay a favorite. 

Spider-Man and Madden right now. There is no way I could play another solid single player adventure until Spider-Man is done which I am over 75% now. 

I'm probably gonna be mixing it up with Spider-Man and Tomb Raider for the time being. Then move back to Dragon Quest XI when I finish one of the former. I'll probably still be playing DQ while I play RDR2.

Usually 1 SP game at a time and then I have common MP games that I'll jump into with friends here and there (Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, Destiny 2)