Are you the type of gamer that can play more than one title at a time?

best3444

I ask this because I just bought Dragon Quest XI and I'm really enjoying it. As we all know, tomorrow Spider-Man hits and my focus will be on that. 

I don't think I can play two games like DQXI and Spidey at the same time. My tiny lil brain can only handle one game at a time. What type of gamer are you? 

I do it all the time, which sometimes leaves me putting a game on hold as another comes out that I start playing, and then I haven't played said game in months because I've been playing three others, so by the time I finally get back to it I'm lost on where I am, and how to play. 

• Like 1

It really depends! If I'm playing a couple of shooters all together, no. Each control scheme tries to supplant the last as the defacto scheme in my head, and my already meager skills plummet! But if its say, one RPG, one shooter, and some rando indie? Sure, I'll play them in a rotating cycle until completion. 

Yes. I am always maining at least three games at a time. Usually a single player game, a multiplayer game and maybe an RPG or something in my backlog. Right now I'm playing Sunset Overdrive, SCUM and God of War... with a little PUBG, Vigor and Ghost Recon Sprinkled in. I find that playing like this keeps me from getting burned out or tired of a single game. If a game grabs me though, I'll play the shit out of it until I finish it.

47 minutes ago, Brick said:

I do it all the time, which sometimes leaves me putting a game on hold as another comes out that I start playing, and then I haven't played said game in months because I've been playing three others, so by the time I finally get back to it I'm lost on where I am, and how to play. 

Story of my life lol.

Yes, but mostly in a limited sense where the games are of different types. So things like a PC/console game and a portable game or a single player game and a multiplayer game. I may also play a short game after starting a longer game especially where the longer game is better played in larger blocks of time and the shorter can be played in small blocks. Beyond that I'll generally stick to one game at a time.

51 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes. I am always maining at least three games at a time. Usually a single player game, a multiplayer game and maybe an RPG or something in my backlog. Right now I'm playing Sunset Overdrive, SCUM and God of War... with a little PUBG, Vigor and Ghost Recon Sprinkled in. I find that playing like this keeps me from getting burned out or tired of a single game. If a game grabs me though, I'll play the shit out of it until I finish it.

50 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I almost am always playing 3-4 games at a time, but I try to keep the genres pretty different. 

This is me too. Usually a RPG, some type of single player franchise Sports game and a multiplayer shooter like COD. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I ask this because I just bought Dragon Quest XI and I'm really enjoying it. As we all know, tomorrow Spider-Man hits and my focus will be on that. 

I don't think I can play two games like DQXI and Spidey at the same time. My tiny lil brain can only handle one game at a time. What type of gamer are you? 

You’d have the time to play different types of games at the same time if you would quit going to bed at 7:30!!!!!   :lol:

I can't do it either. That's why I drop so many games in their last acts actually. I play like a maniac if I like it and then burn myself out and lose interest. 

I'd say half of my games are unfinished with a save somewhere in the last quarter or something. It's pretty annoying really because obviously I'm not going back to the convoluted full-time jobs a lot of modern games have become like eight months later and just picking up and playing. Shame on me. 

I actually just tried to replay DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Black at the same time because my PS3 controller was worn out and DMC3 had to be put on hold for the weekend. I kept confusing their combat systems and totally sucked at both afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I almost am always playing 3-4 games at a time, but I try to keep the genres pretty different. 

Same. I can't (for example) play two RPGs "at the same time." I'll get my storylines confused, game mechanics mixed up, and generally lose my way and forget where to go next. :blush:

Typically what I'll do is play a "big" game (an RPG, a big adventure game, something like that) and play smaller, or easier to pick-up-and-play games in-between larger game sessions. An arcade racer, a puzzle game, or a fighting game would perfectly compliment a big new RPG or big action/adventure title like a Zelda or something. 

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Best, you might just put DQ on hold for a bit while you play Spider-Man. I doubt the latter is that long.

I usually take a break or two when playing a really long RPG.

I plan on putting all my attention on beating Spider-Man and then going immediately back to DQXI. I'm thinking Spidey will take me 20 hours tops. 

Interesting mix of gamers in this thread.

I can only play one big single player game at a time. I'll play Hearthstone on the side, and if there's something else very different, I can play them concurrently. For example, I was playing Jurassic Park Evolution and now I'm playing a little bit of Two Point Hospital.

I used to have a multiplayer game in the rotation, but other than Hearthstone, there's not much I've played in a while.