Netflix loses 970k subscribers.

TheWrap_EarningGraphics_Netflix.jpg
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

Despite the success of "Stranger Things 4," the market-leading streamer lost customers for the second consecutive quarter

With baffling decisions like making live-action adaptations of One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho, I'm not surprised Netflix is bleeding subscribers.

Netflix-remote-control.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Netflix said its share of total TV viewing in the U.S. hit an all-time high of 7.7% in June and defended its signature binge release method.

Netflix says the binge model is a "significant long-term business advantage".

Netflix is so out of touch, it's hilarious. Imagine if Disney+ dropped all the episodes for a season of The Mandalorian or WandaVision at once.

It's funny how one of the big things about Netflix when it first started moving into streaming and House of Cards/Orange Is The New Black first came out was how you could watch the whole season at your own pace and what a great thing that was.

Now we're trotting out episodes weekly again and getting them all at once is considered out of touch.

I'm not saying it's funny because it's wrong; I'm saying it's funny for me to be at an age where things that used to be more primitive or old-fashioned are now popular again and I'm witnessing it happen in real time.

20 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It's funny how one of the big things about Netflix when it first started moving into streaming and House of Cards/Orange Is The New Black first came out was how you could watch the whole season at your own pace and what a great thing that was.

Now we're trotting out episodes weekly again and getting them all at once is considered out of touch.

I'm not saying it's funny because it's wrong; I'm saying it's funny for me to be at an age where things that used to be more primitive or old-fashioned are now popular again and I'm witnessing it happen in real time.

I assume the narrative has changed because it isn’t financially viable to continue to produce a ton of content and releasing it all at once. I can’t imagine subscribers care much either way.