FIFA World Cup 2026 host cities announced.

Zaku3

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Sorry I was high.

"Was"

I'd be down to go to a Mexico match.

Or maybe go to a match in Seattle. I'm sure air fare to Seattle will be ridiculous, but you can take a train from Portland to Seattle for barely anything and it's not much slower than driving. And the train station in Seattle is literally right by the stadium.

• Kal-El814 changed the title to FIFA World Cup 2026 host cities announced.
23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

More just too far to think about. I love this city, I'm from here, but I am ready to live elsewhere for awhile. :p 

I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff that basically says Philly is pretty much the best bang for your buck in the states in terms of cost of living vs. amenities. I still wouldn't want to do it because I want to die when the temp drops below 40, but basically Philly is the most undervalued piece is of real estate in the country when it comes to amenities.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff that basically says Philly is pretty much the best bang for your buck in the states in terms of cost of living vs. amenities. I still wouldn't want to do it because I want to die when the temp drops below 40, but basically Philly is the most undervalued piece is of real estate in the country when it comes to amenities.

It absolutely is. It's not perfect, but the last 10 years have improved this city to a point I don't recognize it (in a good way). It's cheap enough to live in but such a great location to get to Baltimore, DC, Atlantic City, and NYC. It's a foodie city now and the endless construction the city has grown in ways I can't recognize. It hosted the DNC in 2016, it hosted the pope's last tour in the US longer than any other city, it's the first UNICEF world heritage site out of America (beating NYC, Boston, and DC), it saved us from Trump with its mail-in ballots, now it's doing FIFA. It's a wonderful city that doesn't get the credit it deserves because it used to be a shithole. :p  I'll miss it and the Northeast Corridor if I leave. NYC in the last few years has been calling Philly the "sixth borough" and I'm like excuse me? Oh superior NYC that shit on Philly for as long back as I can remember? Now they want us as part of them? Fuck that. :p  It is actually kind of crazy more people don't live in Philly. The prices are insane for how good the living is compared to DC and NYC, it's affordable.