Fargo Season 5 Incoming...

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did anybody watch the latest episode? Does anyone else think that

Hide contents

Dorothy imagined the whole camp of Lindas and finding and driving back with Linda and that Linda is actually dead?

I've read several reviews online that seem didn't mention this at all and semmed to think that all that really happened.

I won't be spoiler tagging anything myself since this is a thread covering a week to week show. From the AV Club review I read (and the comments section), it's apparently pretty clear she imagined all of the Linda stuff - something I did not catch myself until when Linda faded while walking away to the Kia, then I was certainly confused when I was watching. Some additional theories out there that she's even imagining being in the hospital with Roy at the end, that she fell asleep at the wheel of the car at the beginning of the episode and is somewhere in a car crash (or being in the hospital is a result of that rather than a semi truck losing control and going into a parking lot). Definitely curious to see where things go because I'm still not 100% sure myself. Clearly her husband Wayne is useless (and was even before the accident) so Dorothy is going to have to rely on herself and others. Waiting for Munch and her to team up now that Gator continues to fuck that up.

It's apparently pretty clear she imagined all of the Linda stuff - something I did not catch myself until when Linda faded while walking away to the Kia, then I was certainly confused when I was watching. 

See I didn't even see Linda fade away... what tipped me off was the whole surreal nature of the camp and the fact that Dot made that puppet in what, a couple of hours? A project that seemed like it would take a couple of days if not weeks to do in real time? Also when she snapped out of the dream and was in the same place she was when she got the pancakes before finding the note from Linda (which was also weird btw... why bury that post card?) it seemed pretty obvious that the whole camp of Lindas was a place Dot IMAGINED Linda would be because it both redeemed Linda in a way and gave Dot hope. I think Roy killed Linda after he found her replacement in Dot/Nadine told her and Gator that Linda left, when she's probably dead and buried on that ranch somewhere along with the informant that the FBI had.

Also one thing this show has shown is that Dorothy is a fighter and a survivor so ultimately, she's going to deal with Roy herself I think. Some of the previews have pretty mich given away SOME minor spoilers about wha'ts going to happen at the ranch but nothing major. One thing that is clear to me, everything that happened before and after Dot sat down to get those pancakes, happened. A truck DID hit a car that then hit her, she IS in the hospital and Roy DOES have her. We're heading for a big finale with Roy and his militia buddies going up against the state troopers and the feds, and Mrs. Lyon's security team led by Indira, but Dot is going to have deal with Roy herself i think. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

See I didn't even see Linda fade away... what tipped me off was the whole surreal nature of the camp and the fact that Dot made that puppet in what, a couple of hours? A project that seemed like it would take a couple of days if not weeks to do in real time? Also when she snapped out of the dream and was in the same place she was when she got the pancakes before finding the note from Linda (which was also weird btw... why bury that post card?) it seemed pretty obvious that the whole camp of Lindas was a place Dot IMAGINED Linda would be because it both redeemed Linda in a way and gave Dot hope. I think Roy killed Linda after he found her replacement in Dot/Nadine told her and Gator that Linda left, when she's probably dead and buried on that ranch somewhere along with the informant that the FBI had.

Also one thing this show has shown is that Dorothy is a fighter and a survivor so ultimately, she's going to deal with Roy herself I think. Some of the previews have pretty mich given away SOME minor spoilers about wha'ts going to happen at the ranch but nothing major. One thing that is clear to me, everything that happened before and after Dot sat down to get those pancakes, happened. A truck DID hit a car that then hit her, she IS in the hospital and Roy DOES have her. We're heading for a big finale with Roy and his militia buddies going up against the state troopers and the feds, and Mrs. Lyon's security team led by Indira, but Dot is going to have deal with Roy herself i think. 

Yeah, I think I'm with you where you're at on how things went down. I'm waiting for what Munch's play is in all this, since Hamm "fixed the luck" with Munch things haven't been going well for Dot since though I think Gator has fucked that.

Munch was done. They paid him and he was going to leave them alone. But since Gator tried to kill him AND killed the woman that was "under Munch's protection" he's toast. Munch pretty much told Roy that he shouldn't leave Dot alone because "once a man digs a grave he has to fill it, otherwise it's just a hole." Munch isn't on "Dot's side"... in fact he may harbor a grudge because she took his ear. He's a wildcard in all of this, but he's not on the side of the angels.

• Halal 1

Pretty clear now that Linda is dead, Dot is losing it a good bit (understandably so) and Dot now definitively knows where the bodies are buried. RIP to Danish Graves, who overplayed his hand. Not smart not letting Lorraine know his plan beforehand. Two more to go.

16 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Pretty clear now that Linda is dead, Dot is losing it a good bit (understandably so) and Dot now definitively knows where the bodies are buried. RIP to Danish Graves, who overplayed his hand. Not smart not letting Lorraine know his plan beforehand. Two more to go.

Yeah Dot's trauma has definitely left her... unbalanced. Not to the same extent as Peggy from season 2, but somewhat delusional nonetheless.  It's interesting,  Hawley has introduced several female characters with varying degrees of mental illness in this show.  Makes you wonder if he's dealt with a woman in his life that had some kind of issues. It's a reoccurring thing in this show that wasn't in the original movie. 

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, what a great finale - Sam Spruell just kills it in his performance as Ole Munch in the last 20 minutes. Really enjoyed this season of Fargo, I wonder if Noah Hawley will do another one. I know he's got the Alien show coming but he did Legion and this at the same time once upon a time.

Finished it tonight. Fucking awesome. After everything wrapped so quickly, I was expecting some terrible twist ending, where the 'good guys' only somewhat win and it leaves you feeling sad (like last season), but it was great. 

Spoiler

I would've threw in a scene with Dot visiting Gator (with some oatmeal cookies), but I don't make TV shows. I'll settle for Roy getting beaten and raped for the rest of his years.

Finally was able to catch up with this series and this season didn't disappoint. Really enjoyable all the way through with plenty of classic Fargo shenanigans. I didn't love Jennifer Jason Leigh's performance, though I think much of the fault lies with the writing for her character. Juno Temple impressed as Dot and Sam Spruell is so much fun as Ole. There were times that Wayne was maybe a bit too slow, but in a scene with an immortal killer probably not a tipping point.

One tiny question for those who watched the finale: what was the deal with the constant fades to black? It was a stylistic choice that I didn't get and was actually kind of annoying for the first act of the episode.

• Halal 1

30 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

One tiny question for those who watched the finale: what was the deal with the constant fades to black? It was a stylistic choice that I didn't get and was actually kind of annoying for the first act of the episode.

I think pulling off a firefight between the FBI and a militia was probably just beyond the scope of the show. I do agree though that the way that scene was edited was disappointing and anticlimactic.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Finally was able to catch up with this series and this season didn't disappoint. Really enjoyable all the way through with plenty of classic Fargo shenanigans. I didn't love Jennifer Jason Leigh's performance, though I think much of the fault lies with the writing for her character. Juno Temple impressed as Dot and Sam Spruell is so much fun as Ole. There were times that Wayne was maybe a bit too slow, but in a scene with an immortal killer probably not a tipping point.

1 hour ago, Moa said:

I think pulling off a firefight between the FBI and a militia was probably just beyond the scope of the show. I do agree though that the way that scene was edited was disappointing and anticlimactic.

From what I could tell, the edits were timed to the music playing at the same time. I found it annoying too, but it seemed to be in time with the dramatic beat. Kind of made it feel like a play.