If you throw the Times money because you have a book you can publish any dumb fucking thing you want apparently

I like the guy who wrote that from interviews I’ve seen/heard of him, but “owning things is how you get rich” in a capitalist economy is one of the most “water is wet” things I’ve ever read 😂

23 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I thought Pepsi just brought me my Pepsi?? 

He didn’t mean it in that sense. In case you aren’t familiar, most packaged beverages are not sold direct from manufacturer to the retailer, there is an intermediate step in between. So it goes manufacturer > distributor > retailer > consumer.

Many industries are either manufacturer > retailer > consumer, or manufacturer > consumer.

It also common to have distributors when you are dealing with raw materials. But there really is no reason for many industries to use distributors when you are talking about goods that are packaged for retail by the manufacturer.

It should be noted in a lot of states companies like Coke and Pepsi distribute themselves because they have to offer other services like draft installation/cooler placement etc… and they act as the distributor for all the smaller brands they own.  

Also, at least in the states around here, Non Alch companies can sell their product to multiple distributors to sell while Alcoholic companies have to choose a single distributor.

I doubt anyone cares but I’m bored haha 

• Halal 1

Reupping this. 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
PATRICKWYMAN.SUBSTACK.COM

Local Power and the Social Order

Patrick Wyman puts to words just how massive and powerful people that are millionaires are--and just how many there are in this country. It's not obvious, but when you sit down to think about it, the problem of the millionaire class becomes evident. It's not just the amount of wealth that they control. It's the fact that there are so many of them and that they control peoples' destinies through their wealth through not only capital ownership but also exercise of political power. 

To underscore it, the United States (as of 2020) had 21.9 million people that classified as Millionaires. That's 8.8% of our adult population. We have the most millionaires in the world. We're behind only Switzerland (14.9%) and Australia (9.4%) in the percent of population that are millionaires. Among the entire world, the US contains 39% of ALL millionaires. 

Folks. It's bad!

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

It should be noted in a lot of states companies like Coke and Pepsi distribute themselves because they have to offer other services like draft installation/cooler placement etc… and they act as the distributor for all the smaller brands they own.  

Also, at least in the states around here, Non Alch companies can sell their product to multiple distributors to sell while Alcoholic companies have to choose a single distributor.

I doubt anyone cares but I’m bored haha 

This is true as I was a former Pepsi employee out of the Mississauga plant. Our fleet of drivers drove most product directly to the source like Walmart, Costco and Supermarkets. They were our bulk drivers who would also take a truck load or three to some of the other distributors like Wallace and Carey, Gordon’s Fine Food and Amazon. These drops are for smaller distributions like senior homes, movie theatres and other small establishments. Although we also have drivers that did a good chunk of convenience stores, newsstands, restaurants, hospitals, airports and more. Use to have people who work at the plant on our fountain/slushie/vending machines, and cooler repairs. Although when I was let go last year (wrist injury) they were just moving out to a different facility to work out of. 

• Thanks 1