Update (04/23): Severance (Apple TV+) season 2 has wrapped filming

28 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I don't think we are that far away from this kind of thing being possible 

I mean, you can always hit someone in the head with a mallet if you want to erase their memories, but if you mean safe precise control of memories that can be turned on and off at will as in the show, we are far away from it being possible :p 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 9:49 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Just finished this. One of the best shows I’ve watched in years. I agree with @Kal-El814 that the actor who plays Milchick is just phenomenal. I’ve never seen him in anything before this. The way he can appear so calm and placid but with a tightly wound zealot just beneath the surf. Wow. 

Looking forward to the next season!

Basically all of this for me as well. I hadn't seen Ben Stiller's Escape from Donnamora miniseries (he directed every episode of that) that I heard really elevated his game, but if this anything to go by, I really need to see it. Truly amazing this is from the director of Reality Bites, The Cable Guy, Zoolander, Tropic Thunder, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Zoolander 2. The show is phenomenal on every level.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, legend said:

Regarding what their work is

Hide contents

I agree that it's all an experiment and not real is a plausible hypothesis, but I did have a thought as I watched the show that would involve it being more "real."

The main idea is MDR is involved in censoring data of disturbing things Lumen has done from documents and that they're actually viewing images or something of the like, but their mind has been altered to only perceive numbers. Here is some reasoning on that.

* I'm reminded of the experiments with people who have their Corpus Callosum severed. In these experiments, you do things like show a patient a picture to only one eye. You then ask them what it is and they say they can't tell you. But then you ask them to write what it is that they're seeing, and they're able to write down what they're seeing! Or it goes something like that (it's been a while since I learned about it.) So here, the visceral emotional reaction they have could be a consequence of the fact that in reality, they're seeing some disturbing shit, but they aren't able to articulate what it is.

* Lumen censoring disturbing shit they do is totally in character and big brother enough to fit.

* Lumen using severed employees to search and censor this stuff, while also keeping them even unaware of it, is in line with their overly cautious security about it. There can never be a leak.

* Furthermore, Lumen may reason that if taken to court, they could argue less legal culpability if no one actually knows what data they're censoring. (This would play well with corporate government corruption and loophole themes)

* The idea just adds one more layer to the whole "severance" philosophy they take. 

I think they're just wanting to figure out how to program slaves 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
COLLIDER.COM

The hit Apple TV+ has finally begun filming following the strikes.

Apple TV+ has just revealed the first behind-the-scenes look at the second season of Severance, which is currently in production. The black-and-white photograph features Mark Scout (Adam Scott) running as fast as he can, teasing audiences with what's to come during the second installment of the science fiction thriller. Two different realities clash in the world of Severance, where people's memories are divided between the time they spent at work and their personal lives. Judging by the new image, Mark won't find easy solutions during the second season of the series, either.

• Sicko 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ben Stiller's "Severance" (Apple TV+) is perhaps one of the most dystopic, terrifying shows I've ever watched, update (01/30): Season 2 filming has resumed!

I always wondered if they were going to do a second season. I told so many people about this show, but finally gave up cause they figured it wasn't all that interesting. It's a hard show to explain without giving it away. Same as For All Mankind.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update (04/23): Severance (Apple TV+) season 2 has wrapped filming
COLLIDER.COM

Filming has wrapped on Season 2 of Severance, the Apple TV+ sci-fi thriller series starring Adam Scott.

One of Apple TV's biggest hits of the last several years just got one step closer to returning to screens worldwide. Key costumer Carol Deelay shared a photo on her personal Instagram announcing that Severance Season 2 has wrapped production. This news comes less than 24 hours after one of the show's biggest stars, Tramell Tillman, officially joined the cast of the next Mission: Impossible film. The series recently began filming at the end of January, meaning it completed principal photography in under two months. Severance premiered in February 2022 and boasts a nearly flawless critics rating of 97% and an impressive 87% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 2