Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation consoles/Xbox Series/PC) - "Akuma Gameplay" trailer

Keyser_Soze

They're clearly catering to the pro-gamer/tournament crowd which is fine. Know thy audience, I guess. But man, that fight intro plus the whole fight commentator thing gives off WWE vibes in the worst way possible. And I know it's super early in development but the hair and beard look really bad.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, Bataar said:

I'm hoping it's good. I loved the Street Fighter II series as well as Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter IV, but I didn't like Street Fighter III or Street Fighter V all that much. With SFV, I just didn't like the initial characters and by the time they added more characters through DLC, I had pretty much lost interest in the game.

Yeah, Street Fighter V ended up being a good game, but it was a mess when it first came out. This new game had better feel “complete” at launch. 

I’m going to need some time with this weird art direction. I feel it will be a while before I warm up to it. 

Also, weird question…but has anyone seen any blood spillage during the fights? It seems odd that with the art style skewing (slightly) more realistic, the fighters wouldn’t get bloodied up. 

7 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah, Street Fighter V ended up being a good game, but it was a mess when it first came out. This new game had better feel “complete” at launch.

It already looks like 10 times the game Street Fighter V already is.

Like you said SFV eventually became good but that was mainly through balance changes and new fighters, the rest of the game is still pretty bare bones.

7 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Also, weird question…but has anyone seen any blood spillage during the fights? It seems odd that with the art style skewing (slightly) more realistic, the fighters wouldn’t get bloodied up. 

Yes a weird question indeed. I don't think it's weird they wouldn't get bloodied up. Ever seen Injustice 2? Not a drop of blood and they look more realistic than this game.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It already looks like 10 times the game Street Fighter V already is.

Like you said SFV eventually became good but that was mainly through balance changes and new fighters, the rest of the game is still pretty bare bones.

Yes a weird question indeed. I don't think it's weird they wouldn't get bloodied up. Ever seen Injustice 2? Not a drop of blood and they look more realistic than this game.

Here’s hoping for Street Fighter 6!

And yeah it was a weird question…but I dunno the street fighters got pretty wrecked in the SFII series and even in SF3 (those win quote screens had some of the losers looking like they are on death’s doorstep!) - just wondering. Actually, now that I think about it, SF4 didn’t have blood either, right? Huh. Guess the Street Fighter franchise went all “kiddie” and won’t put blood in the games! :p 

Injustice 2 is a bad example, since that’s a completely different developer. And also incorrect, because I have a distinct memory of Wonder Woman stabbing Harley Quinn through the body and there was definitely blood spilled there. (It was a pre-fight cutscene, but still) 

Max has some crispy 4K (though I guess youtube didn't processes it yet) footage of the game. Looks pretty good.

He'll upload more later and said he's going back tomorrow to get more footage

Also if you're interested he spent a whole stream talking about the game, you can check out the VOD

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1500512293

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

This is looking really good, is there a release window for it yet?

Previous Street Fighter games (IV and V at least) have released around February, so I'd say that's probably where they're aiming.

At the same time you could also speculate it may not come out by March since it hasn't been announced for Evo Japan (or you could speculate it just hasn't been announced for Evo Japan because it's release date hasn't been announced 🤔 )

• 5 weeks later...
streetfighter6kimberly-1024x576.png?x489
WWW.FANBYTE.COM

The team used consultants both internally and externally to help design the character and perfect her representation.

When Street Fighter 6’s newest challenger Kimberly was revealed, fans across the world celebrated with enthusiasm and joy that is characteristic of Kimberly herself. The ninja character seemed by all accounts to be a win for representation, as a positive and undeniably cool portrayal of a subset of black culture, which come rarely in fighting games. The reason for this successful depiction? Bringing in people that knew what they were talking about.

In Fanbyte’s interview with Street Fighter 6 Director Takayuki Nakayama and Producer Shuhei Matsumoto, the pair mentioned that they enjoy the process of creating new characters and Kimberly is the foremost example of what a difference that makes.

“A lot of people on the team are fans of Black culture,” Nakayama said. “In order to make her as authentic as possible, we spoke with many Black employees within the company. We also hired consultants to help us design the character and her mannerisms.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Street Fighter 6 (PlayStation consoles/Xbox Series X|S/PC, 2023) - Closed Beta October 7-10 on PS5/Xbox Series X|S/Steam