Sources: Sony switches Twisted Metal reboot developer (now rumored to be Firesprite with Motorstorm's director at helm)

SaysWho?

twisted-metal.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

A series revival is no longer in development at Destruction All-Stars studio Lucid…

Last year VGC reported that a new car combat instalment – which by release, would be the series’ first in over a decade – had started early development at the Liverpool, UK-based Destruction All-Stars developer Lucid games.

However, VGC has been told that the project has since ceased development at Lucid and, according to sources, Sony has decided to instead move the series revival to one of its first-party studios in Europe.

Their European studios are:

Firesprite 

Guerrilla Games

Housemarque

London Studio

Media Molecule

XDev (support studio)

And I'm 100% sure it's not Guerilla or MM. :p  London did say they're working on an online game, and TM historically has been multi and single.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

I 100% forgot Twisted Metal was a thing. Sony’s not great at keeping their franchises relevant over time. 

Kinda interested to see what comes of this. I haven’t played a TM game in a *reeeaaallllyy* long time.

I mean, they aren’t Nintendo bad..,

• Shocked 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Let me be 100% clear about this one thing. 

NO ONE is as bad as Nintendo. Full stop. 

I think there is a difference between the two. Nintendo has so many great franchise that would be great to have around.

Sony has a lot of franchises that should be left in the past. :p

• SaysWho? changed the title to Sources: Sony switches Twisted Metal reboot developer (now rumored to be Firesprite with Motorstorm's director at helm)
40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Twisted Metal Black was awesome. Probably the best couch coop car combat game of that era.

For me Twisted Metal Black came much too late and at a time when broadband wasn't widespread enough to make an impact with the online.

My friend would come over to my house all the time to play Twisted Metal 2 but by the time TMB came out we had moved on, he lived somewhere else. In fact it was funny he came back years later and he wanted to come over and play Twisted Metal 2 but the frame rate makes it a bit rough to play. :p

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

For me Twisted Metal Black came much too late and at a time when broadband wasn't widespread enough to make an impact with the online.

My friend would come over to my house all the time to play Twisted Metal 2 but by the time TMB came out we had moved on, he lived somewhere else. In fact it was funny he came back years later and he wanted to come over and play Twisted Metal 2 but the frame rate makes it a bit rough to play. :p

Oh yeah, its incredible how bad some games play comparatively that we absolutely loved at that time.

It came out while I was in the military, so we played it incessantly together.