Final Fantasy VII, VIII Remastered, IX, X Remastered, X-2 Remastered, XII Zodiac Age coming to Playstation Now starting this month

SaysWho?

Reminds me of movies switching streaming services every few months.  Except these are 50+ hour games.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

If I didn't have them all, maybe this would be worth it..

I don't think 7-8-9 are done any favors without AI upscaling mods as an option.  The Deck with those would probably be the ideal way to experience them today.

36 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

What haven't modders fixed yet?

I don't know what the modders are doing but sounds like performance is just bad if the steam reviews are to believed. I never bought the game to see for myself and I never even liked VIII to begin with so I'm certainly not curious enough to find out.

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't know what the modders are doing but sounds like performance is just bad if the steam reviews are to believed. I never bought the game to see for myself and I never even liked VIII to begin with so I'm certainly not curious enough to find out.

Some people get a 22fps bug in Remastered walking around that modders have fixed apparently.  Other than that, there's only positives with going with the PC version(s) w/ mods.  Analog controls, AI upscaled art, cutscenes with higher FPS interpolation, etc.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Reminds me of movies switching streaming services every few months.  Except these are 50+ hour games.

I don't think 7-8-9 are done any favors without AI upscaling mods as an option.  The Deck with those would probably be the ideal way to experience them today.

Yeah, and I have em on both Steam and PSN. When I do replay, it probably will be on Steam Deck. I was able to snag a preorder, and im also waiting on that to play the pixel remasters.

I wish the Backbone would release an android version. I hate regular phone gaming, and I have two friends tell me they don't like the Kishi. 

8 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I've been trying to play through it for about a year now. 

God i hate that game so much.. but the XIII Trilogy are the only mainline FF's i've never beaten, and i don't like having that on my nerd resume.

I beat XIII, once, when it released.

I absolutely refuse to play the rest of the trilogy.  XIII is the only game in the series that I hate. 15 is certainly mediocre, but it's playable.

I didn't hate the battle system itself in XIII, but everything else was not for me.

40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I beat XIII, once, when it released.

I absolutely refuse to play the rest of the trilogy.  XIII is the only game in the series that I hate. 15 is certainly mediocre, but it's playable.

I didn't hate the battle system itself in XIII, but everything else was not for me.

I don't like any of it, especially the battle system. I feel like i'm just watching stuff happen. The paradigm system is a neat idea but there just feels like there's so much out of the player's control.

For instance, i was playing last night and there was an enemy that had an attack called Gatling Gun, and it was a guaranteed kill every time. If it just so happened to choose my character, it was instant game over. Maybe there was a way to cancel it, but none of my paradigms or attacks seemed to work. So fuckin irritating. The player character going down being a game over is a fail to begin with.