Resident Evil producer leaving for Bungie

nublood

resident-evil-7-village-producer-leaves-
CLUTCHPOINTS.COM

Peter Fabiano worked 13 years on Capcom, producing some of the best Resident Evil games in recent memory, including the 2&3 Remakes, 7, and Village.

Slow Monday news.

I was just googling an RE7 hint and came across this. Hopefully this means Bungle is finally moving on and developing a proper Destiny sequel instead of endless DLC?

• Haha 2

Wow, maybe he can make some cash shop items and one of the 75% of DLCs that no one gives a shit about. God Destiny 2 has been meh for so long. Splitting from Activision did absolutely nothing. Game didn't get better, didn't get worse. They were making their vision the entire time: mediocrity.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Wow, maybe he can make some cash shop items and one of the 75% of DLCs that no one gives a shit about. God Destiny 2 has been meh for so long. Splitting from Activision did absolutely nothing. Game didn't get better, didn't get worse. They were making their vision the entire time: mediocrity.

When was the last time you played because last season was pretty great overall.

Anyways, while Bungie is working on other projects that he could have been hired for, given his, "Eyes up, Guardians" in his Tweet I have to think that he's joining the Destiny team, and maybe lending some of his horror expertise to the project with The Witch Queen coming out next year, which might dabble in more horror themes.

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yea I’d have to agree. I’ve played all the Destiny DLC. And it’s basically been just that… just more Destiny. Nothing groundbreaking or fresh. I found myself just slogging through it just to finish it. MAN I’ve given Destiny more chances than I care to admit. 

Maybe this means Bungie will be doing something else. Would be nice to get something from them that's not Destiny. I would love to see a one-off, linear single player shooter. 

Some of my favorite games in the Xbox/360 era were those B-tier shooters like Singularity, Area 51, Timeshift, Dark Void, etc. If we could get something like that from them but with the tight gameplay of something like Titanfall 2, I'd be all over it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Maybe this means Bungie will be doing something else. Would be nice to get something from them that's not Destiny. I would love to see a one-off, linear single player shooter. 

Some of my favorite games in the Xbox/360 era were those B-tier shooters like Singularity, Area 51, Timeshift, Dark Void, etc. If we could get something like that from them but with the tight gameplay of something like Titanfall 2, I'd be all over it.

I thought I saw something about them developing a multiplayer "hero shooter" next, which sucks.

With you completely on B shooters - Singularity and Dark Void are really awesome games.  Never played Area 51 or Timeshift though!

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If they make Oni 2 I will buy it and an extra copy for the members of this board!

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I thought I saw something about them developing a multiplayer "hero shooter" next, which sucks.

With you completely on B shooters - Singularity and Dark Void are really awesome games.  Never played Area 51 or Timeshift though!

Timeshift was awesome. And it's BC on XBO/XSX. 

Area 51 wasn't "great" but it was one of those janky fps's i liked despite the fact that it was kinda bad lol.

I still put more hours into Destiny than it deserves. Hopefully this hiring, and their recent expansion, indicates they're going to put more content into the game. I really enjoy playing Destiny, but there needs to be much more stuff to do.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Area 51 wasn't "great" but it was one of those janky fps's i liked despite the fact that it was kinda bad lol.

Area 51: Blacksite was not great, I have a soft spot for Area 51 though. It has a somewhat intriguing story with david duchovney as the main character/narrator. Looking it up apparently it has Nolan North and Marilyn Manson as well. The actual gameplay isn't anything to write home about, but its good enough.

16 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I will definitely play it.  I think Wolfenstein 2009 also fits into that category, and having played it recently I was surprised at how fun it is.  Hopefully that comes to the BC program one day, because it deserves a re-evaluation.