John Wick + The Witcher = HIGHLANDER reboot

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Get Sam Jackson, Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington if you go black... since Connery was playing a spaniard, how about Antonio Banderas or Salma Hayek?

All totally viable! Honestly, whoever they choose simply needs to just be older, generally irritable,  and yet have a charming manner about them. 

7 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I would love to see them combine it with the Asian martial arts style like in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Would love to see Chow Yun-Fat maybe play his mentor or go all Prestige with their relationship. 

Chow yun Fat would be GREAT. Although I don't agree about the Wuxia/Wire-fu stuff. With Chad Stahlenski at the helm, I doubt he would do that anyway. Not his style. I expect the fighting to be a lot more grounded and realistic... closer to John Wick and The Raid than any of the Asian Wire stuff.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Chow yun Fat would be GREAT. Although I don't agree about the Wuxia/Wire-fu stuff. With Chad Stahlenski at the helm, I doubt he would do that anyway. Not his style. I expect the fighting to be a lot more grounded and realistic... closer to John Wick and The Raid than any of the Asian Wire stuff.

yeah I wouldn’t want wire-fu for a highlander movie either. Like I said, if they can give me more of that sword fight from the end of the first Witcher episode. I would be pretty damn happy with that. 

I would love to see them keep using the soundtrack by Queen. If they need to add something new, well, most of them are still here. I know they use Lambert from American Idol  fame,  it I would replace him with the lead singer of The Struts, who is the closest I hear singer that can reach them Freddie like notes every now and then. Wish I got in faster when they opened for Foo Fighters in Toronto in ‘19, but at least he came out to help sing Under Pressure.

3 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I would love to see them keep using the soundtrack by Queen. If they need to add something new, well, most of them are still here. I know they use Lambert from American Idol  fame,  it I would replace him with the lead singer of The Struts, who is the closest I hear singer that can reach them Freddie like notes every now and then. Wish I got in faster when they opened for Foo Fighters in Toronto in ‘19, but at least he came out to help sing Under Pressure.

Shit... set the reboot in the 80's. Since he's immortal you can do the sequels in each subsequent decade.

Come on guys. The OBVIOUS answer for who plays the Connery character....Christopher Lambert.  As for the Kurgen...Jason Momoa. 

I don’t think they should get Queen to redo the soundtrack but I do think you have to have nods to it. Have the original theme playing in a bar. Maybe have a cover of Who Wants to Live Forever. But the sound track is def a high priority because of how iconic the first one was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Come on guys. The OBVIOUS answer for who plays the Connery character....Christopher Lambert.  As for the Kurgen...Jason Momoa. 

I would love Lambert but he is legally blind and would kind of be following that last Highlander movie where they killed him off.

I like the Momoa idea

Mads could work for Ramirez , I dont hate Momoa as The Kurgan. Bautista was talked about at one point for the role. I dont know how big name actors feel about playing a such a vile character and if they will keep the "rape" in the film.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Mads could work for Ramirez , I dont hate Momoa as The Kurgan. Bautista was talked about at one point for the role. I dont know how big name actors feel about playing a such a vile character and if they will keep the "rape" in the film.

I actually thought about Mads as The Kurgan but he would work for Ramirez as well. Bautista is another good choice for The Kurgan too.

• 5 months later...

Cavill confirmed that filming will begin in 2022.

THR_S02_026-F1_v2-SPLASH.jpg?w=1024
WWW.HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM

The British actor with a soldier’s discipline, a gentleman’s demeanor and a high tolerance for “extreme punishment” opens up about 'The Witcher' season 2, 'Highlander,' his Superman and 'Mission Impossible' futures — and the elusive spy role directors insist he was “born to play.”

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Stahelski is now the "Kevin Feige" of the John Wick and Highlander universes... maybe we'll find out John is a Highlander!

• Like 2