Play this Dreamcast Castlevania game 20+ years after it was canceled

Jason

I saw this too, it's really cool to be able to play it.  I have a modded Dreamcast so I might download it and see how it is.

On a related note, Dreamcast is like a never-ending treasure trove of incredible stuff I've never heard of.  Now that I have access to all these Japanese and PAL games, the console's library is somehow even better than I thought it was.

6 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I saw this too, it's really cool to be able to play it.  I have a modded Dreamcast so I might download it and see how it is.

On a related note, Dreamcast is like a never-ending treasure trove of incredible stuff I've never heard of.  Now that I have access to all these Japanese and PAL games, the console's library is somehow even better than I thought it was.

Have you been playing Seventh Cross: Evolution?

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

I was always pretty bummed this game never got an official release. 

I was pretty bummed how the Dreamcast turned out in general, come to think of it. Such a great system. Died too young.

I own a Dreamcast and really should give it some love. It feels like a console which mad-cap indies should still develop for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I own a Dreamcast and really should give it some love. It feels like a console which mad-cap indies should still develop for.

I think indies are still making games for it, actually! Mostly just SHMUPS for the most part, but apparently some of them are quite good.

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Gave this a shot. It's kind of absolutely terrible, but still gives a bit of nostalgic feel for that era of games.

Yeah that’s not surprising. Isn’t that why the game was cancelled in the first place? I feel like I remember some news story (probably IGN) from back then that reported development of the game wasn’t really going as planned and Konami decided to just can it.

I was a senior in hs when the dreamcast launched. I remember my brother, myself, and another friend skipped 6 days of school in a row just binging on DC. I have such amazing memories with that console. 

Like it was said above, it died way too quickly. Just playing phantasy star online was an extremely memorable moment for me because that was the first time I played an online game. Then there was importing the Japanese version of Shenmue a year before the American release on my molded DC. I could go on... Great, great console.

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I was a senior in hs when the dreamcast launched. I remember my brother, myself, and another friend skipped 6 days of school in a row just binging on DC. I have such amazing memories with that console. 

Like it was said above, it died way too quickly. Just playing phantasy star online was an extremely memorable moment for me because that was the first time I played an online game. Then there was importing the Japanese version of Shenmue a year before the American release on my molded DC. I could go on... Great, great console.

Feels like the right console to release a mini of with self hosting servers.

26 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There are private servers out there for Dreamcast games right now, like PSO servers and I'm pretty sure there are Quake III servers as well.

Heck even though NullDC Bear people are playing Capcom vs SNK online.

Not only that, but Dreamcast and most of its games are very emulator-friendly, with mods to improve the games.

• Thanks 1