Premier League 2018/19

JosephManderley

Just a few hours away from the big kick off, going to be a great season I think. 

Manchester City have to be favorites to retain the title, but Liverpool have strengthened their squad and could run them close. 

Other teams to watch out for are Wolves and Fulham, who have made some ambitious signings since getting promoted.  Everton also look to have a much more balanced squad after their busy transfer deadline day and will be pushing for a top 6 finish. 

Fixtures: 

http://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures

No surprises so far. 

Man City and Liverpool both brushed aside their opponents. 

Arsenal have a tough start, they already lost to Man City, they have Chelsea next, then West Ham.  If they don't win at least one of those 2, then the new manager is going to be under pressure before we even get into September!  

Wolves looked decent against Everton, who also looked good, even before they incorporate their deadline day signings.  

Newcastle struggled, and I think Rafa  will be the first manager to leave this season.   He's clearly not had the financial backing needed to progress, I think he will walk. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Arsenal are so bad. Also i hope the score stays at 2-0. I made my first sports bet today.

It didn't stay 2-0, but Arsenal did lose.  Did you win the bet? 

I don't see Arsenal finishing better than 6th or 7th this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Everton, West Ham or Leicester finished above them and pushed them out of even a Europa League spot.  

1 hour ago, JosephManderley said:

It didn't stay 2-0, but Arsenal did lose.  Did you win the bet? 

I don't see Arsenal finishing better than 6th or 7th this year.  I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Everton, West Ham or Leicester finished above them and pushed them out of even a Europa League spot.  

I feel they got Emery to challange in the Europa League if the league falls apart for them.

I lost my under 2.5 goals bet. I won my panic 4.5 goal bet and Chelsea winning. Made 13.38. Presently betting on Junior to win their game in the Colombian game (bet 15 kinda nervous) and Red Bulls to beat Vancouver. 

Having alot of fun betting. Really enjoyable. 

• Like 1

@SFLUFAN

It’s a fucking mess. Reports are indicating that Man Utd will hire a Technical Director aka the mediator for Woodward and Mourinho since both people are sick of each other.  The again, it seems like the players are sick of Mourinho too and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar season that Chelsea had under Mourinho when the team quit on him.  Next game will be telling. 

It ruined my Sunday to say the least. 

• Guillotine 1

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@SFLUFAN

It’s a fucking mess. Reports are indicating that Man Utd will hire a Technical Director aka the mediator for Woodward and Mourinho since both people are sick of each other.  The again, it seems like the players are sick of Mourinho too and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a similar season that Chelsea had under Mourinho when the team quit on him.  Next game will be telling. 

It ruined my Sunday to say the least. 

Same. I also lost 15 dollars. I don't think the team has given up on Jose but I do feel the board has which is why the director of football is something they want to get. I think it was telling that we didn't sign anyone beyond Fred this summer. The board probably feels what we have is good enough to challenge for the league title. Really should have made more signing. I think a post i saw on reddit broke it down and that Man City has spend more then 500 million in the transfer market in comparison to us and it shows. 

I am more annoyed at Woodward at this point though. Really should have gotten Jose's the players he wanted. I feel he is too much of a businessman and wants to get big names like Bale for example. 

We tend to do this against teams that we feel as beneath us. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless we lose our next game. Liverpool looks mint this season so I think 3rd is the best we can hope for. 

Gambling update: So far so good I unfortunately made a bet by mistake today and lost 15 dollars should have just cashed out. All in all I have doubled my money (had 25 dollars in their) I was up 40 but then United shitted the bed. I am still learning but I do want to say betting on results and especially who is going to score next makes pretty good money. I actually found a slight hack the nature of online sports betting allows you to bet at anytime. I made a good amount of money on Red Bulls scoring next and I put in a bit as soon as the goal was scored. Not having as much success with international leagues in that regard. I think since the MLS broadcasts are from the US there is less of a delay so I can get away with it. All in all it's alot of fun and if you have a really good understanding of the sport and leagues you are watching it's a good way to make money on the side. Not quiting my day job but if I keep say 1.5-2 my money I can use it as a rainy day fund or something. It also makes me even more invested in games. I also recommend betting on total goal count as well. I want to start betting on players scoring but it's too much of a risk. I am focused mainly on 1 to 5 dollar bets to build up my balance. Once I hit 100 dollars or more I think I will bump it up to 5-10 dollar bets. 

With the possible exception of the keeper, I don't think any of the current Man Utd squad are world class.  Some of you might say Pogba, but he is too inconsistent. 

I see Pogba and his agent are having a bit of an argument with Scholes, which makes me laugh,  Pogba should dream of being as good as Scholes was for Utd. 

Out wide, Man Utd have always had real quality.  Giggs, Ronaldo, Beckham, Kanchelskis...  Nobody in that class there now. 

Up front, Cantona, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Rooney...  Now they have Lukaku!  He can't do it in the big games. I am an Everton fan,  I watched him terrorize weaker defences at Everton, then fall over his own feet with the goal at his mercy in big games.  

Teams used to fear Man Utd, most sides would consider getting a point against them to be a bonus.  Not any more. 

3 hours ago, JosephManderley said:

With the possible exception of the keeper, I don't think any of the current Man Utd squad are world class.  Some of you might say Pogba, but he is too inconsistent. 

I see Pogba and his agent are having a bit of an argument with Scholes, which makes me laugh,  Pogba should dream of being as good as Scholes was for Utd. 

Out wide, Man Utd have always had real quality.  Giggs, Ronaldo, Beckham, Kanchelskis...  Nobody in that class there now. 

Up front, Cantona, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Rooney...  Now they have Lukaku!  He can't do it in the big games. I am an Everton fan,  I watched him terrorize weaker defences at Everton, then fall over his own feet with the goal at his mercy in big games.  

Teams used to fear Man Utd, most sides would consider getting a point against them to be a bonus.  Not any more. 

De Gea and Pogba are clearly both "world class".  They have, what, 9 players who played in the quarter finals of the world cup.  A team with that much talent shouldn't be losing to Brighton.

What you have to bear in mind, is that the Premier League is a higher standard than the World Cup.  Every team is full of international players, and they train and play together all the time, rather than the occasional get togethers international teams have.  A top Premier League side is made up of elite players in their positions, selected from all over the world, not just one country. 

Pogba can be World Class, but was he even close to that against Brighton?  No. Inconsistent.  

7 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

How many players on Brighton were in the quarter finals at the World Cup?

Mourinho is the big problem at Man U.

I think Mourinho is a problem at Man Utd, but not the only one.  They are a central defender, a fast wide player, and a striker short of competing for the title.  I think Liverpool will finish above them. 

• 1 month later...