Every game Nintendo still charges $60 MSRP for should get a Switch Pro patch

crispy4000

I know this is pre-emptive, but it needs to be said.

With Microsoft and Sony, I see next-gen patches as a bonus.  Most of those games have run the course of their retail shelf life, and while they do sell people on subscriptions (ie: Games Pass, PSN Collection/Now, etc), they're not making much money directly.  Prices drop plenty.

Nintendo on the other hand has managed to keep most of its catalog evergreen at full price points.  They're happy enough keeping MSRPs at $60, as opposed to throwing the weight of their IP into a loss-leader subscription service.  This is where the real money is for them.  I get it.

But if they refuse to do upkeep on this library, that would be some bullshit.  The industry has changed since the DSi and New 3DS.  There's now an expectation of new/updated consoles having old games improved.  Yet they're the only ones selling their old games as if they are brand new.  I want a Switch Pro as much as anyone else, but they need to show tangible updates to their 1st party library if I'm going to feel comfortable paying full price for their games again.

Give me a reason to spend the money Nintendo.  I've already been holding off on most of your library, because your prices suck.

I don't care if DLSS is more hands on.  Good.  Use some of those record profits to put in the work.

Just now, stepee said:

Let’s meet somewhere in the middle and hope they release $10 upgrade patches so when they release $70 new versions with a new sticker you can use in photo mode or something we aren’t too disappointed.

Nintendo is typically a full console cycle behind with price increases.  Doubtful they'd go up to $70 anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I could see them doing something catastrophically stupid like tying updated versions of games to the Nintendo Online subscription, and if you fail to pay your game gets downgraded, which, with Nintendo, likely means incompatible save files. 

And then you can resub but to get your saves back you have to pay a $30 service fee.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I could see them doing something catastrophically stupid like tying updated versions of games to the Nintendo Online subscription, and if you fail to pay your game gets downgraded, which, with Nintendo, likely means incompatible save files. 

They'll just up the price of Nintendo Online from $20 to $60 annually.  Like everyone else! :p

Why make people pay for upgrades piecemeal when they can price it in to the online network fee for everyone?  Easy way to get cash.  That's pretty much what's happening with Microsoft and Sony.  Your console-tax dollars at work.