Feburary 2021 NPDs - AA indie cracks the top 10, Switch passes Nintendo DS

crispy4000

EwSMOfPVIAEXPvc?format=jpg&name=large

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury debuts as the best-selling game of February. The title also ranks as the 2nd best-selling game of 2021 year-to-date, despite the lack of digital sales tracking for Nintendo published titles.

Little Nighmares II launched as the 6th best-selling game of February. Little Nightmares II ranked as the 5th best-selling game on Xbox platforms, while placing 10th on PlayStation.

Nintendo Switch was the best-selling hardware platform in both units and dollars in February. Unit and dollar sales of Nintendo Switch hardware in February were the highest for any hardware platform in a February month since the Nintendo Wii in Feburary 2009.

Total lifetime dollar sales of Switch hardware now exceed the Nintendo DS, making Switch Nintendo's 2nd best-selling platform in U.S. tracked history (Nintendo Wii ranks first). Switch is currently the 7th best-selling hardware platform in lifetime U.S. dollar sales.

PlayStation 5 ranked as the 2nd best-selling hardware platform in February in both unit and dollar sales. PlayStation 5 is currently the fastest selling hardware platform in U.S. history (total dollar sales after 4 months in market).

EwSMRTGVoAge9t-?format=jpg&name=large

Good for Little Nightmares 2! I haven’t played it yet but I loved the first one and it’s definitely on my list.

Also good for 3D World + Bowsers Fury - amazing games, both of them. Also keep in mind that digital isn’t included here so sales are probably actually like 40% or so higher than second place.

We don’t pay attention to numbers in Japan much here like in say resetera but yeah Animal Crossing is a monster, its the best selling game in Japan, ever, and a million over the now second place pokémon red and green. In less than a year. It’s the 15th best selling game of all time overall already and will probably end up somewhere in the top 10.

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

It's weird not seeing Grand Theft Auto V on the list.

Woah, I wasn’t paying attention and assumed it’s been on the list still all this time. Hopefully that means they know it’s time to release a new one.