Families are boycotting Publix after a member of founding family donated $300,000 to the Donald Trump rally that preceded January’s deadly Capitol attack

Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm assuming she still makes money from Publix. 

She might through whatever piece of the family trust still belongs to her. But something like 75-80% of Publix is employee owned, so the boycott mostly hurts regular folks who work there.

i think they said a while back that she has literally nothing to do with them in any part of business.  but this goes to show why these corporations still distance and stuff from these people because it will still hurt their bottom line.

although if im not mistaken dont they still donate to awful gop people?

8 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

i think they said a while back that she has literally nothing to do with them in any part of business.  but this goes to show why these corporations still distance and stuff from these people because it will still hurt their bottom line.

although if im not mistaken dont they still donate to awful gop people?

If you're a for-profit company that makes more than 6 figures in profit there is a 99.9% chance you're donating to the GOP and a 99.8% chance you're donating to the DNC.

Just now, Iculus said:

You have to shop the BOGOs. Especially outside of Florida where you can buy one and it's half off.

Truthfully, I only shopped once at Publix while I was in Florida about a month ago. It doesn't exist where I live. I was flabbergasted at the prices compared to other stores in the area. And they didn't seem to sell anything that was "store brand" like Kroger and the like.

4 minutes ago, Iculus said:

You have to shop the BOGOs. Especially outside of Florida where you can buy one and it's half off.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Truthfully, I only shopped once at Publix while I was in Florida about a month ago. It doesn't exist where I live. I was flabbergasted at the prices compared to other stores in the area. And they didn't seem to sell anything that was "store brand" like Kroger and the like.

Harris Teeter in DC is like this (or was when I live there, apparently it got sold to Kroger shortly before I left DC). Like NYC supermarket level prices on stuff like 12 packs of cans of soda. You had to buy like 3 or 5 at a time to get it down to a reasonable price which was a complete nonstarter for me since I didn't have a car.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

You definitely have to shop the weekly ad for Publix to be an affordable option.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

They definitely have store brand stuff in Publix including an organic line of products under the Greenwise label. The prices are much higher for non-store brand stuff, which is why I shifted to Aldi/Wal-Mart for most of my grocery needs.