Twitter will uphold permanent ban on Trump even if he runs for office again

210113-donald-trump-phone-se-234p_aa2b3b
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“When you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform,” the company said.

“When you’re removed from the platform, you’re removed from the platform,” Twitter CFO Ned Segal told CNBC in an interview on Wednesday morning.

“Our policies are designed to make sure that people are not inciting violence,” Segal said. “He was removed when he was president and there’d be no difference for anybody who’s a public official once they’ve been removed from the service.”

Segal also pushed back against claims that users may have fled to other social media platforms in response to Trump’s removal.

“We added 40 million people to our DAU [daily active user count] last year, and 5 million last quarter,” Segal said. “In January, we added more DAU than the average of the last four Januarys, so hopefully that gives people a sense for the momentum we’ve got from all the hard work we’ve done on the service.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Not having Trump on any major social media platform has been so great for the rest of us. I've barely heard a peep from him since he left office in the news and I imagine that's starving his followers as well. I hope as a result some are waking up from their delusions.

They probably did him a favor by making it so he can't livetweet through the second impeachment doe tbh.

• Like 1

Not having Trump on any major social media platform has been so great for the rest of us. I've barely heard a peep from him since he left office in the news and I imagine that's starving his followers as well. I hope as a result some are waking up from their delusions.

I'm lucky to have never been impacted by abuse, either from family or relationships, but hearing Trump's voice the past 24 hours during the impeachment trial has given me low key anxiety.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

They probably did him a favor by making it so he can't livetweet through the second impeachment doe tbh.

I'm definitely not giving Jack or Twitter any credit here, I'm only saying it's been a good thing, regardless of the reason(s) it was done for. :p 

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'm lucky to have never been impacted by abuse, either from family or relationships, but hearing Trump's voice the past 24 hours during the impeachment trial has given me low key anxiety.

Yeah, it brings everything flooding back. I believe in this impeachment trial in that it should happen, but man I want him to go away.

Now imagine if we could purge all the abusers, fascists, and racists off these platforms...

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

The Great Awakening? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

I miss seeing his shit. The crazy people are not going away if we push them back into the shadows, we just lose track of how fucked up they are. 

Nah, because he perpetuates it, and that's bad enough. It never even would have likely gotten this far or the group become as big as it has if not for him having platforms to spread his lies to them. The shadows is where they belong, if at all.