God of War getting NG+ August 20th

SaysWho?

I'd replay RDR if it came to PC. I don't think I could tolerate the console issues today.

Aside from older platformers, which can be picked up and played at any time, there's been a decent handful of games I've replayed over the years: 

Silent Hill 2

Resident Evil REmake(GCN and PC)

Resident Evil 4

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Uncharted

Grand theft Auto IV(PS3 and PC)

GTA V(PS3 and PC)

GTA III

GTA Vice City

Bioshock

Final Fantasy V(GBA and SNES)

Final Fantasy VI(SNES and GBA)

Bully(PS2 and PC)

I feel like there are probably a few more, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head and looking quickly through my Steam collection. Most games I don't play through more than once, just because I have soooo many games and new ones are always releasing. and time is limited, especially with my other hobbies. Plus, it needs to be a while before I replay a game. I like for it to feel a tad bit fresh again.

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd replay RDR if it came to PC. I don't think I could tolerate the console issues today.

Aside from older platformers, which can be picked up and played at any time, there's been a decent handful of games I've replayed over the years: 

Silent Hill 2

Resident Evil REmake(GCN and PC)

Resident Evil 4

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Uncharted

Grand theft Auto IV(PS3 and PC)

GTA V(PS3 and PC)

GTA III

GTA Vice City

Bioshock

Final Fantasy V(GBA and SNES)

Final Fantasy VI(SNES and GBA)

Bully(PS2 and PC)

I feel like there are probably a few more, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head and looking quickly through my Steam collection. Most games I don't play through more than once, just because I have soooo many games and new ones are always releasing. and time is limited, especially with my other hobbies. Plus, it needs to be a while before I replay a game. I like for it to feel a tad bit fresh again.

I'm tempted to do a thread about how often people replay games, now. I replay games that I really love and typically aren't emotionally draining, but some people feel once is enough for anything singleplayer.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I'm tempted to do a thread about how often people replay games, now. I replay games that I really love and typically aren't emotionally draining, but some people feel once is enough for anything singleplayer.

Bahaha, I read "emotionally draining" and slapped myself for forgetting I played The Last of Us twice. Have no idea how I forgot it, since it's one of my all time favorites. 

I may even play it a third time before the sequel releases.

18 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

:guillotine:

I mean, they can be vicious sometimes -- sometimes they spoil things for better teams like LSU -- but they're never "it" in the SEC West. And they've had two really bad losing seasons this decade and recently got a new coach.

huh???

Ok here's metacritic's coming soon for PS4 until the end of September... I've basically hear about none of them

1. We the Happy Few

Being honest here, please enlighten me. I've got an itch to buy a new game but not seeing much on this list.  Is it All Star Fruit Racing????  must be All Star Fruit Racing.

18 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I don't run out and buy new games like I once used to so I look forward to the new game plus mode especially since I just finished Batman Arkham Knight on new game plus a few weeks ago. 

Too bad they just didn't release this mode a little bit earlier in the summer. 

Was the game very hard on new game plus? I believe that's the last trophy I need for Platinum. 

5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

These are the games I'm interested in.

Shenmue 1&2

Warhammer 40k Martyr

Fire Pro Wrestling World

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Divinity 2

Dragon Quest XI

Destiny 2 Forsaken

Marvel's Spider-Man

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'll have to take a look at shadow of the tomb raider.  I skipped the last one so I'm ready to jump back into Crofts boots!

47 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

huh???

Ok here's metacritic's coming soon for PS4 until the end of September... I've basically hear about none of them

1. We the Happy Few

Being honest here, please enlighten me. I've got an itch to buy a new game but not seeing much on this list.  Is it All Star Fruit Racing????  must be All Star Fruit Racing.

• Guillotine 1

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

ahhhhhhhhhh!

Please just tell me.  I'll friggin buy it!

• Guillotine 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

ahhhhhhhhhh!

Please just tell me.  I'll friggin buy it!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Pizza Titan Ultra

Or conversely:

Spoiler

I've actually heard excitement surrounding these titles:

Guacamelee! 2
Shenmue I & II
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Firewall Zero Hour
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS
Marvel's Spider-Man
NBA 2K19
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Life is Strange 2

And then RDR2 in October!

What have you bought from this year so far?

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

These are the games I'm interested in.

Shenmue 1&2

Warhammer 40k Martyr

Fire Pro Wrestling World

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Divinity 2

Dragon Quest XI

Destiny 2 Forsaken

Marvel's Spider-Man

also... Thanks remarkableriots.  This helps.  I'll look into Shenmue, Dragon Quest XI, Spidey, and Shadow

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Pizza Titan Ultra

Or conversely:

Hide contents

I've actually heard excitement surrounding these titles:

Guacamelee! 2
Shenmue I & II
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Firewall Zero Hour
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS
Marvel's Spider-Man
NBA 2K19
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Life is Strange 2

18 'hide contents'  God damn you!

Also, thanks.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Reveal hidden contents

Or conversely:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like I've barely bought any games for the PS4 thus far.  This year I think I only bought God of War.  Before that, Ass Creed Origins.

7 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I feel like I've barely bought any games for the PS4 thus far.  This year I think I only bought God of War.  Before that, Ass Creed Origins.

I haven't bought many, but I'm looking forward to Spiderman, Dragon Quest, RDR2 for the rest of the year. That's quite a lot of gaming time. Then Kingdom Hearts 3 early in '19.

That's just on PS4. I've got other stuff coming to Switch, PC, and even 3DS. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Ah!

See, that's part of my guillotine reaction. :p Like just recently, I heard great things about Dead Cells and Overcooked! 2. I thought Sonic Mania Plus added a lot to the already great base game. I bought Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter World as well as God of War. I've read people's positive reactions on other boards to MLB The Show, Yakuza 6, Celeste, OwlBoy, Far Cry 5 and Detroit Become Human. 

That's a lot of stuff that I haven't even gotten to that's already out, and I got Spidey in a month, and then I still wonder if I should continue tackling games from 2017 and 2016 that I've passed. 

I'm scared, man.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't bought many, but I'm looking forward to Spiderman, Dragon Quest, RDR2 for the rest of the year. That's quite a lot of gaming time. Then Kingdom Hearts 3 early in '19.

That's just on PS4. I've got other stuff coming to Switch, PC, and even 3DS. 

I really want a switch but I've always been a 1 console gamer.  Kinda keeps me from playing too much.  I guess your right.  I am definitely getting RDR2 and Spidey so that is quite a lot.  Plus Tomb Raider and I'll look into this Dragon Quest game as well as a few others. 

Plus I need to go back to Witcher 3's dlc (do that around Halloween), actually play RE7, finish Batman AK, and God of War!!!  I am just in that stupid mood where I want something new RIGHT NOW.

Oh, yeah, I have the Spyro Collection preordered, though I probably won't just lay into that. It'll be like the Crash Collection, where I play it kinda casually. 

Then on Switch, I've got Valkryia Chronicles 4, Mega Man 11, Pokemon Let's Go!,  and Smash.

PC, there's Tomb Raider, the Walking Dead, and probably Assassin's Creed, though it could be pushed back if I've got too much else going on.

I've even got Luigi's Mansion and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for 3DS. 

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Ah!

See, that's part of my guillotine reaction. :p Like just recently, I heard great things about Dead Cells and Overcooked! 2. I thought Sonic Mania Plus added a lot to the already great base game. I bought Shadow of the Colossus and Monster Hunter World as well as God of War. I've read people's positive reactions on other boards to MLB The Show, Yakuza 6, Celeste, OwlBoy, Far Cry 5 and Detroit Become Human. 

That's a lot of stuff that I haven't even gotten to that's already out, and I got Spidey in a month, and then I still wonder if I should continue tackling games from 2017 and 2016 that I've passed. 

I'm scared, man.

opps I forgot I bought Shadow of the Colossus.  It was my first playthrough, too!!!  And I have to finish Sonic.  Man, I'm full of shit.  I just really wanted something like Detroit Become Human (love my dystopian sci fi) but heard gameplay wasn't anything to write home about.  Monster Hunter intimidates me and I'm Far Cried out.   I'll take a look at Dead Cells and Overcooked

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Was the game very hard on new game plus? I believe that's the last trophy I need for Platinum. 

It does pick up in difficulty but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Some parts were challenging but I think if you played the game already, you know those parts already to be mentally ready for. I came in with my reflexes warmed up though cause I had just finished the HD Return to Arkham: Arkham City and was just so in love with the story, I felt the urge to jump on Arkham Knight to revisit the story and to earn that platinum as well which I did. 

What was really good though was that you did not have to find and search for the Riddler trophies in NG+. I enjoyed searching and solving them my first time thru but not doing them really made the story mode fly quickly.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

It does pick up in difficulty but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Some parts were challenging but I think if you played the game already, you know those parts already to be mentally ready for. I came in with my reflexes warmed up though cause I had just finished the HD Return to Arkham: Arkham City and was just so in love with the story, I felt the urge to jump on Arkham Knight to revisit the story and to earn that platinum as well which I did. 

What was really good though was that you did not have to find and search for the Riddler trophies in NG+. I enjoyed searching and solving them my first time thru but not doing them really made the story mode fly quickly.

The problem with the Arkham games is that there's waaaay too many Riddler trophies. Asylum was fine, I actually found all of those. But after that, it got ridiculous and I just didn't have the willpower to go for them all, which kinda sucks, since you need to get them to catch the Riddler. :/ They're enjoyable to a point, but you feel overwhelmed after a while. Even when I went back to play all the DLC for Arkham Knight, I tried trophy hunting for a while, but got bored of it again, because there's just so much.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The problem with the Arkham games is that there's waaaay too many Riddler trophies. Asylum was fine, I actually found all of those. But after that, it got ridiculous and I just didn't have the willpower to go for them all, which kinda sucks, since you need to get them to catch the Riddler. :/ They're enjoyable to a point, but you feel overwhelmed after a while. Even when I went back to play all the DLC for Arkham Knight, I tried trophy hunting for a while, but got bored of it again, because there's just so much.

As I played Arkham City my 2nd time, while I loved collecting them, I can admit it was too many. I never complained about it but I can understand the gripes especially when it's a key piece to the story. 

3 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

As I played Arkham City my 2nd time, while I loved collecting them, I can admit it was too many. I never complained about it but I can understand the gripes especially when it's a key piece to the story. 

I forget how many they had in each game, but City had 400, right? I think Origins and Knight had fewer, but it was still too much. I enjoyed finding them throughout the game, but some were just ridiculous and even after finishing the main story, you've got like over 200 riddles to solve, it just becomes a chore. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I forget how many they had in each game, but City had 400, right? I think Origins and Knight had fewer, but it was still too much. I enjoyed finding them throughout the game, but some were just ridiculous and even after finishing the main story, you've got like over 200 riddles to solve, it just becomes a chore. 

If it was any other game that had collectables, I skip them. I can't remember any other game or series that had annoying collectables that I got them all but I'm that big a Batman nut that I've collected all the trophies for every Batman Arkham game. 

1 minute ago, Hurdyb1 said:

If it was any other game that had collectables, I skip them. I can't remember any other game or series that had annoying collectables that I got them all but I'm that big a Batman nut that I've collected all the trophies for every Batman Arkham game. 

That's dedication. As much as I loved the games, it was just too much of a chore. If I'd only had, say, 50 or so riddles left by the time I beat the game, probably would have gone for it. Because I do a lot of side stuff throughout the course of games like that. I go off and get distracted from the main quests a lot. Just too much, too much of a hassle and a chore to finally get to Riddler. 

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's dedication. As much as I loved the games, it was just too much of a chore. If I'd only had, say, 50 or so riddles left by the time I beat the game, probably would have gone for it. Because I do a lot of side stuff throughout the course of games like that. I go off and get distracted from the main quests a lot. Just too much, too much of a hassle and a chore to finally get to Riddler. 

It is, lol. Maybe a little obsessive but I had fun doing it but other games like Assassin's Creed to collect feathers or the Spider-Man games to collect comics issies, hell naw. I think I was initially turned off to them in Batman until I learned you could go back after the main story completion and get them. By that time, Batman is able to manuver and get to spots easy. Whereas compared to AC and Spider-Man, the collectables were in odd places that required more trickery to manuver than I had patience. But those were needed to see a portion of the story like the Arkham games so I get it.

If Rocksteady is working on a new DC game, hopefully they will have learned the lesson and reduce the collectable searchnausea if they are working on Superman, I can easily see Mr. Mxyzptlk serving as that character or reason to have Superman search for collectables.

But I don't see myself doing collectables like I did with Arkham again. Well..........maybe, lol.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I actually did it in all three games, but gee zuz, it takes time. I feel this video was made in response to the Arkham games: