Anybody here try PC Building Simulator?

Remarkableriots

• Remarkableriots changed the title to Anybody here try PC Building Simulator?
7 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

But why? :lol:

As I understand it, the simulator stays pretty current on parts from many vendors and aso you can tinker with a build to see if it all works before you buy the real parts. Which, is nice, if not wholly needed if you pay attention to all component dimensions. 

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

But why? :lol:

54 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

As I understand it, the simulator stays pretty current on parts from many vendors and aso you can tinker with a build to see if it all works before you buy the real parts. Which, is nice, if not wholly needed if you pay attention to all component dimensions. 

It has a campaign mode where you unlock parts and have to fix people's PCs. The story is that you get a repair shop and have to improve the shop.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

No but after I watch this paint dry I might give it a go. 

They do have that!

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1580480340
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

After a long and cold journey, "the artist" has finally arrived at his deserted cabin in the woods. The perfect peaceful place to create his final masterpiece. The artist's Magmum Opis. Drying Paint Simulator VR...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Achievent Unlocked: POST'd on first boot.

This is a conundrum for me. I ALWAYS forget to plug my PC in after the build is done... I mash power then shit myself when nothing happens. Then I remember to plug it in and I POST. Does that count? I could go either way. :p

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2021 at 11:04 AM, Kal-El814 said:

This is a conundrum for me. I ALWAYS forget to plug my PC in after the build is done... I mash power then shit myself when nothing happens. Then I remember to plug it in and I POST. Does that count? I could go either way. :p

That's funny,

The build I'm playing on now went wonderfully, and I even checked that it was plugged into the power strip. Hit the button with my wife and mother watching and ....nothing. franticly checked psu, was clicked on, it was. As the sweat started to build I finally saw the the power strip had its trip button off wheeeeew! All went well, with a post and the like. Can be stressful. So far only issue I have had was a motherboard Doa, and 1 out of 4 sticks ram once was bad out of 6 now builds!  Its really just like legos following a build book.