Best way to secure a PS5 pre order?

eventide11

-Take a look here quick, you might be able to set up alerts so when something comes in stock you might get a notice in time. Check out the recent stock tracker though and you'll see when stock does come in its usually for less than 10 minutes. Mix that with the websites have a disastrous time with everyone checking out at once, you're  still going to have to get lucky. 

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

-Follow Wario64 on twitter

I was unable to secure a preorder anywhere and I'm still on the look out. I have to admit, some of my passion for getting it at release has definitely diminished with the hassle of it all. Too many bots or too many people want these things that I can't stress myself to be available for that short 10 minute window of availability.  If you can keep your phone glued to you for the next few weeks we might get lucky? 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

-Take a look here quick, you might be able to set up alerts so when something comes in stock you might get a notice in time. Check out the recent stock tracker though and you'll see when stock does come in its usually for less than 10 minutes. Mix that with the websites have a disastrous time with everyone checking out at once, you're  still going to have to get lucky. 

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

-Follow Wario64 on twitter

I was unable to secure a preorder anywhere and I'm still on the look out. I have to admit, some of my passion for getting it at release has definitely diminished with the hassle of it all. Too many bots or too many people want these things that I can't stress myself to be available for that short 10 minute window of availability.  If you can keep your phone glued to you for the next few weeks we might get lucky? 

Thanks a ton! 

16 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Nowinstock is pretty garbage their refreah windows are too far apart, set up your own page monitor instead 

I was able to get a Switch with nowinstock years ago and it worked great, but I have seen people mentioning what you said. I haven't had time to look into setting something up myself. Is it hard to do? 

25 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I was able to get a Switch with nowinstock years ago and it worked great, but I have seen people mentioning what you said. I haven't had time to look into setting something up myself. Is it hard to do? 

Nope it's really easy. 

onB9Zf8OKii3RH_RBZgUwVMtDuj2OdXC9h1pXFl8
CHROME.GOOGLE.COM

Stays in the background and monitors web pages for changes.

You just click "monitor" on the store page of the item you want and it will send you a notification of any changes at the interval you choose. It works best of you pick the specific part of the page you want to check changes for (the out of stock button typcially)

And a site like amazon that doesn't throttle traffic you can set it to check every 5 seconds, most other retailers I set it to ping every 21 seconds but you can play around with that and probably set it to like 11 seconds and still be fine. It's way faster than nowinstock, most of the time by the time you get the ping from nowinstock the item has already been sold out for several minutes.

• Thanks 1