Target is a go for preorders PS5!! Now!! Go!!!

maddux4163

Just now, Dodger said:

Found the email, went to my gfs spam email. I better pre order the XSX myself. What's your delivery date say? I now have a range of up to 11/18, hopefully that gets fixed to launch day shipping later.

Mine says 11/13-11/18 

Hopefully itll change. If not. Oh well. I’ll live 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Found the email, went to my gfs spam email. I better pre order the XSX myself. What's your delivery date say? I now have a range of up to 11/18, hopefully that gets fixed to launch day shipping later.

I think 11/13-11/17 or something. If it comes a week late I won’t be too upset 

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

Wow. You’re lucky because that site showed sold out 2 mins after it went LIVE according to GAF

Kind of.

I got an Out of Stock response as well, but I kept going back and eventually it ordered. I think it was an issue with the site. Most on Reset who got it also encountered that same issue.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Kind of.

I got an Out of Stock response as well, but I kept going back and eventually it ordered. I think it was an issue with the site. Most on Reset who got it also encountered that same issue.

Nice. Either way. Good stuff. We need a “pre-order” update thread here on D1P 

• Thanks 1

Just now, SaysWho? said:

We should all be thanking Maddux for calling attention to this stuff. I'd probably just be randomly checking sites right now if I didn't see this thread.

Thanks man. I’m trying to help when I can. Wish I could’ve changed the “thread title” to help. Make it WALMART LIVE NOW etc kinda deal 

I got the bad luck going for me. I didn't have time earlier with the Target refresh. For Walmart now I was there minutes before 9pm,refreshing like crazy as the time came. When the page did refresh correctly there was never a button to click add to cart. Eventually got the email they were back in stock like 20min later and again couldn't get any where. Even did it on my pc on a 1GB fiber line. On one hand I appreciate them having an exact time to preorder. On the other it's pointless when everyone else is there to slam the servers. 

12 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I got the bad luck going for me. I didn't have time earlier with the Target refresh. For Walmart now I was there minutes before 9pm,refreshing like crazy as the time came. When the page did refresh correctly there was never a button to click add to cart. Eventually got the email they were back in stock like 20min later and again couldn't get any where. Even did it on my pc on a 1GB fiber line. On one hand I appreciate them having an exact time to preorder. On the other it's pointless when everyone else is there to slam the servers. 

Something tells me it’ll be like this through launch. 

I think listing actual times is going to make it harder to get one. It allows POS scalpers to ready their bots. This article @JPDunks4shared in the RTX 3080 thread explains it pretty well:

how-a-bot-bought-dozens-of-rtx-3080-unit
UK.PCMAG.COM

Based on a tweeted image, the bot was able to help one reseller score 42 units of the RTX 3080 from Nvidia’s website before it went out of stock.

9 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I hope the XSX isn't a similar clusterfuck and I can snag one of those as well. 

I’m afraid it’s going to be worse. Microsoft is giving bots the opportunity to set up their scripts for a specific day and time. They will snag the majority of them. 

13 minutes ago, Dodger said:

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’m afraid it’s going to be worse. Microsoft is giving bots the opportunity to set up their scripts for a specific day and time. They will snag the majority of them. 

Yup.

Having actual listed times is apparently way worse than companies just going "IT'S UP NOW! GO GO GO"... Sega Saturn would've been an absolute hit in modern times! :p 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dodger said:

29 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm going to physically go to Best Buy to preorder one to make sure.  

22 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lol. I don't think demand will be much of an issue with the Xbox.