Tron 3 gets director and star (Garth Davis, Jared Leto)

https://deadline.com/2020/08/garth-davis-tron-sequel-director-jared-leto-movie-1202992103/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

After taking its time figuring out where it wants the next Tron installment to go, Disney’s sci-fi franchise looks to have new life as we are hearing Garth Davis has been tapped to direct the pic starring Jared Leto.

Davis has been better known for his smaller art house films over the years like 2018’s Mary Magdalene and his critically acclaimed 2016 drama Lion, which received six Oscar nominations including for Best Picture. Tron would mark Davis’ first tentpole, and though he is not known for big-budget projects, insiders say Davis aggressively pursued the job, eventually winning over execs.

Jesse Wigutow wrote the most recent draft of the script. Leto is producing along with Justin Springer and Emma Ludbrook.

Director is cool...but I'm not hyped about Leto. I'd prefer Cillian Murphy, like previously teased.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/garth-davis-tron-sequel-director-jared-leto-movie-1202992103/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Director is cool...but I'm not hyped about Leto. I'd prefer Cillian Murphy, like previously teased.

Pretty much this. I have no idea what to expect out of Garth Davis but he's a good director. Otherwise, I guess we'll see. Still would like Daft Punk back . . .