Would it work if we had our calendars count backwards?

stepee

Like if the days counted down from 30, 29, 28th instead of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and December would be the first month of the year, etc. Would we be able to do that if we made it a law for one year or would that cause trouble with work week schedules and stuff?

The first problem that immediately jumps to mind is all the coding and patching that would be needed for financial systems software.  All those automatic bill payments on the first of a month, automated bank transfers, interest payments, etc.  Changing the date ordering would wreak havoc on that stuff.

I've always wanted a 13 month calendar with 28 days per month. And then 1 extra non-week day, maybe new year day. Every month would be exactly 4 weeks, each day of each month would always be the same week day.

Could also be a 12 month 30 day calendar with 5 extra non-week days.

So it seems like the biggest issue is financial stuff so could we just stop making new money for a year and just use up the reserve of money we already have?

Im not sure if de-aging would be happen but if it did I’d imagine we would just reset back to normal at the beginning of the new month anyway?

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

So it seems like the biggest issue is financial stuff so could we just stop making new money for a year and just use up the reserve of money we already have?

Im not sure if de-aging would be happen but if it did I’d imagine we would just reset back to normal at the beginning of the new month anyway?

I think that when time went backwards to before you were born you’d just cease do exist but idk