Former Marvel TV Head Told Daredevil Writers "Nobody cares about Asian People"

According to former Daredevil Actor

During an online discussion this weekend set up by the #SaveDaredevil campaign, Peter Shinkoda, who played Hand leader Nobu on Daredevil's first two seasons on Netflix, said that much of his character's story and development was sidelined because then-Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb thought "nobody cares about Chinese people and Asian people.”Loeb, who was released last fall when Marvel TV was officially absorbed into Marvel Studios, after Kevin Feige's promotion to Chief Creative Officer for Marvel, apparently nixed plans to focus more on Nobu and expand upon his relationship with Wai Ching Ho's Madame Gao.

Shinkoda said “Jeph Loeb told the writer’s room not to write for Nobu and Gao. This was reiterated many times by many of the writers and showrunners that ‘Nobody cares about Chinese people and Asian people. There were three previous Marvel movies -- a trilogy called Blade -- where Wesley Snipes kills 200 Asians each movie. Nobody gives a s***. So don’t write about Nobu and Gao.’ And they were forced to put their storylines down and drop it.”

I totally believe it having heard similar stories from writer's rooms about other groups. I always thought Jeph Loeb sucked anyway.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I've liked a lot of Loeb's stuff throughout the years. :/  I adore Superman For All Seasons and Spider-Man: Blue. This is incredibly disappointing.

Also I don't remember Blade killing a lot of Asians???

I'm killing myself trying to remember. Like, there was Donnie Yen in one of them and probably a few random vampires, but nothing like Blade busting up some vampire dojo or anything. I have no idea what he's talking about here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I've liked a lot of Loeb's stuff throughout the years. :/  I adore Superman For All Seasons and Spider-Man: Blue. This is incredibly disappointing.

Also I don't remember Blade killing a lot of Asians???

Lol because he didn't... I remember him killing like TWO. Maybe in the first movie :lol: I've never been a fan of Loeb's as a writer. I always thought he was lucky to be paired with great artists and that's what carried him. A friend of mine worked on Jessica Jones' first season and said Loeb was pretty much useless.