Smash gets its first Arms Character

BloodyHell

14 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I’m so over Ultimate unless they fix the input lag.  I’d consider getting the DLC if they ever did.

Are other people starting to notice the input lag? It made the game pretty much unplayable for me. I was REALLY enjoying playing with this forum the few times I was able to partake, but the input lag mixed with the network lag made landing precise hits while moving a complete nightmare. Even offline the game is abysmally unresponsive to inputs, which is a huge no-no. If they could patch it to remedy this issue I'd be so happy to jump back in.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I figured it would be Ribbon Girl since she's like the most popular arms character.

Min Min and Twintelle are the most popular Arms characters last time I looked at it. I'm not surprised they choose Min Min since she's incredibly popular. It's just unfortunate they didn't choose Twintelle.

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Are other people starting to notice the input lag? It made the game pretty much unplayable for me. I was REALLY enjoying playing with this forum the few times I was able to partake, but the input lag mixed with the network lag made landing precise hits while moving a complete nightmare. Even offline the game is abysmally unresponsive to inputs, which is a huge no-no. If they could patch it to remedy this issue I'd be so happy to jump back in.

It’s interesting.  Ultimate technically is more unresponsive than Brawl, but still doesn’t feel quite as bad because it isn’t as sloppy with how it treats the inputs it collects.

You’d think a few more people would have gone back to Wii U/3DS at this point.  But Ultimate is enough of a step up in other regards that its community has accepted the input lag as part of what makes Ultimate what it is.

The worst part?  Ultimate could be a fantastic game if the input lag was fixed.  It’s the most obvious area for improvement.

47 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Min Min and Twintelle are the most popular Arms characters last time I looked at it. I'm not surprised they choose Min Min since she's incredibly popular. It's just unfortunate they didn't choose Twintelle.

I wouldn't know. I was just judging by her being the cover girl and first character introduced. :p

There look, based on my brief search she is S-tier

https://rankedboost.com/arms/best-characters-list/

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wouldn't know. I was just judging by her being the cover girl and first character introduced. :p

There look, based on my brief search she is S-tier

https://rankedboost.com/arms/best-characters-list/

As is Min Min, but that's a tier list on which are the best fighters, not which is the most popular.

https://www.dualshockers.com/arms-creators-weigh-in-on-twintelles-popularity/

Min Min is the best choice in a vacuum, especially in terms of popularity and how much she's used in tournaments. Twintelle just makes more sense in terms of popularity and Nintendo's striking lack of representation among their human characters, especially in Smash Bros. Twintelle was a perfect opportunity for them since she'd check that box while also being incredibly popular among fans.