Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Game Information

Game Title: Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Platforms:

• Xbox One (Oct 2, 2020)
  • PlayStation 4 (Oct 2, 2020)

Trailer:

Publisher: ACTIVISION

Developer: Toys for Bob

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 87 average - 96% recommended

Critic Reviews

GamesBeat - 5 / 5 stars

But now, I feel safe saying that Crash Bandicoot 4 is the new best game in the series. It captures that fun-yet-simple platforming from the original, but its creative levels, mask abilities, and clever bosses help it surpass the PlayStation trilogy

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 9.8 / 10

Crash Bandicoot arrives spinning and jumping in a new release that solidifies even more the great work that Toys for Bob has been doing with its resmasterizations. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about time could easily be on the podium of the best Crash.

GamingTrend - 95 / 100

Crash 4 will delight fans new and old with its stylized visuals, delightful sense of humor, and hard as nails platforming. While the new characters have a few control issues, the game is an absolute blast from start to finish.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.1 / 10

Crash is back again with one of its best adventures that feels and plays like a modern instant classic. Welcome back good old Bandicoot!

Areajugones - Spanish - 9 / 10

Crash Bandicoot returns with an adventure that oozes nostalgia, originality, fun and a multitude of bonus content to delight fans and newcomers to the saga. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is the game the world has been waiting for many years, and it also manages to go beyond all expectations.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5 / 5 stars

Crash Bandicoot may have had a rough patch for a number of years before his triumphant return in the N. Sane Trilogy, but Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time proves that he is still one of the titans of the platformer genre with his most content rich and well designed adventure to date.

COGconnected - 90 / 100

Crash is back, baby! Fans can rejoice as Toys for Bob and Activision have come together to create platforming perfection.

Destructoid - 9 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is a strong return for the series, and a showcase of what might have been if we got a true follow-up to Crash 3. I sincerely hope that Activision entrusts Toys for Bob (and Vicarious Visions) with the keys to the Crash kingdom from here on out. I wanna see more of the little guy.

GameByte - 9 / 10 stars

The gameplay is challenging yet achievable. It gives you the right amount of difficulty without forcing you to throw the controller at the TV screen. It runs smoothly and really is just a whole lot of fun to play.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is one of the best platformer games we've played in recent years. Toys for Bob managed to perfectly encapsulate the soul of original trilogy, and then create more with it, by not only repeating old gameplay tricks with new and shiny graphics, but also by offering something completely new, which would definitely make all the fans bursting with joy.

GamesRadar+ - 4.5 / 5 stars

A sequel with smarts and style, Crash Bandicoot 4 proves there's still life in the old Bandicoot yet. It's about time indeed.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 9 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About is an incredible return from a beloved franchise that hadn't had a new game for a decade. It takes everything that made the original trilogy great and expands it in a way we only think it could surpass... Naughty Dog itself.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 9 / 10

As a Crash Bandicoot fan, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is everything I've dreamed of since the original trilogy ended all those years ago. It's a jam-packed, brutal platformer that expands on what makes Crash great with some really cool twists and turns. The challenge may get a little too much sometimes, but it is more than worth fighting through and proof that Crash Bandicoot is king of the platformers.

Stevivor - 9 / 10

Simply put, It’s About Time manages to capture the feeling of old school, challenging Crash games of old while adding a modern spin to increase enjoyability for those of us who don’t enjoy bashing our heads against a brick wall when difficulty skyrockets. It’s full of quirkiness, humour, and is a worthy sequel in comparison to Naughty Dog’s previous outings. Kudos to Toys for Bob.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Long-lived, colorful, fun and complex, It's About Time conveys the return to precision platforming, where every jump is calibrated with due accuracy counts, and in which the player's skill is mainly enhanced.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 88 / 100

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time manages to merge the good old fun of the original first three games with a lot of new and very clever additions to the formula, making it the true sequel we have been waiting for all this years. As the title says: it's about time.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8.7 / 10

A love message for Crash Bandicoot's old fans. The new look is great, but sometimes the difficulty need to be balanced.

Game Informer - 8.5 / 10

Mastering Crash's aerial acrobatics is highly rewarding, but the journey to get there is occasionally frustrating

God is a Geek - 8.5 / 10

Full of colour, humour, and challenge, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is a storming return and a great follow up to the original trilogy.

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is both a successful celebration of the original trilogy as well as a worthy follow-up. Toys For Bob has taken the essence of what fans loved about the classics, distilled and bottled it and then shaken it up. Some old issues rear their heads, and there are definitely some dud levels and boss fights, but it's a package so chock-full of content that the good far outweighs the small amount of bad. Anyone hankering for some old-school Crash Bandicoot action will find exactly that and more, and all wrapped up in one of the most gorgeous platformers I've ever seen.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 8.5 / 10

This is Crash Bandicoot, the one you remember from your childhood memories with its strengths and weaknesses. This game is a return to form for this beloved franchise but we wished that base consoles version was 60 fps instead of 30 fps.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Crash Bandicoot fans have waited well over a decade for a proper follow-up that honored the legacy of Naughty Dog's classic trilogy.

IGN - 8 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4 is a great return to form, with some new ideas that add a fresh spin to Crash's classic gameplay.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 8 / 10

An outstanding return for the beloved series! With new mechanics, new playable characters and gameplay changes, Toys for Bob made Crash even more fun while staying true to the series fans.

Spaziogames - Italian - 8 / 10

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is a new beginnning for the series. Toys for Bob introduces new abilities and a lot of contents for hardcore gamers, but the real evolution is yet to come.

VG247 - 3 / 5 stars

It’s a shame, then, that some of the level design choices don’t really pair up with the engine Toys for Bob has built this love-letter to 90s platforming games in. Loose and floaty physics, an abundance of different mechanics that often feel part-baked, and some design choices that feel sadistic – rather than simply difficult – leave this approach to Crash Bandicoot feeling less like a true sequel, and more like a licensed spin-off.

Kotaku - Unscored

Don’t let the lush, colorful graphics and whimsical, xylophone-heavy soundtrack fool you. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time’s fun and frivolous facade hides a game that feels like it’s actively trying to murder mischievous marsupials. It’s about snatching victory from the jaws, bombs, fast-moving vehicles, spinning blades, laser grids, and fire spouts of death. I failed much more often than I succeeded during my run thanks to Ray West and his lackeys, but I had a great time doing it.

Polygon - Unscored

Toys for Bob’s modern Crash game looks great but feels bad

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo so this is out today and it’s $38 until the end of the month on ps5 so I grabbed that easily. Sounds like it’s mostly a nice 4k/60 and I doubt anything too major will happen with the pc version. And i’ve been wanting to try this!

On 2/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, stepee said:

Ugh I’ve been wanting this but no release data for pc. I guess if it’s really 4k/60 ps5 could be fun with the dual sense so maybe I’ll get that.

March 26th, apparently. 

crash-bandicoot-4-pc-release-date.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Crash 4 finally hits PC in March - after pretty much every other platform

1 hour ago, Raggit said:

March 26th, apparently. 

crash-bandicoot-4-pc-release-date.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Crash 4 finally hits PC in March - after pretty much every other platform

lol announced the day the other versions hit why not just announce the date with the other ones. That’s fine, I’m happy with the price on sale, and man the game looks really damn good on ps5, even better than sack boy adventures, really has a great living cartoon look.

Yeah I’m on the second world but it’s great so far. It’s really difficult as people say but it doesn’t seem as bad as normal crash because I’ll die a lot but you don’t run out of lives and you load back quick. The worst part about the difficulty in old crash was having to start whole levels over.

It feels great to play though, seems tighter than the old crash, and the levels seem pretty inventive with a lot of variation.

I just hope it doesn’t get TOO bad on the difficulty because I was not expecting the first boss to be that crazy.

• 1 year later...