Scorn (Gigeresque first-person horror adventure, 21 October 2022) - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Pikachu

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Scorn (Gigeresque first-person horror adventure, 21 October 2022) - reviews from OpenCritic posted
23 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

downloaded this since it was on gamepass on my xsx so looking forward to give it a go tonight.  i figured GP was the best option as im not sure how well this particular game will click with me

Yeah I think GP is the best option because the price is just hard to beat. 

This is the perfect GP game for me though yeah, I literally just want to see what it’s like and play around with it for an hour or so then probably jump off. I don’t think I want to spend a lot of time actually in that world.

Also I think this is the first game to support direct storage so I’m curious what, if anything, that does.

The plan is to wait till completely dark outside and go play this on Series X 83" LGC1 sound coming from my 11speaker x 2subs {7.2.4} Dolby Atmos home theater!! The neighbors will hate me yet again and the wife won't be going to sleep early tonight I can tell you that! I built this room just for such occasions :cheers:

Ok yeah I didn’t realize what this was I guess, I thought you did more..stuff in this. You just wander around and fidget a bit at little boring puzzle stations and walk around really slowly in a surprisingly lifeless organic environment. The art is interesting but it somehow feels like you are walking through pre rendered cg backgrounds or something and everything feels sterile and lifeless which takes away ant scare factor of an organic horror setting. meh

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Ok yeah I didn’t realize what this was I guess, I thought you did more..stuff in this. You just wander around and fidget a bit at little boring puzzle stations and walk around really slowly in a surprisingly lifeless organic environment. The art is interesting but it somehow feels like you are walking through pre rendered cg backgrounds or something and everything feels sterile and lifeless which takes away ant scare factor of an organic horror setting. meh

I too, perhaps because I didn't really look into it, thought this was a shooter. AS it turns out is more of a walking puzzle with some light surivival horror and shooter elements thrown in. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I too, perhaps because I didn't really look into it, thought this was a shooter. AS it turns out is more of a walking puzzle with some light surivival horror and shooter elements thrown in. 

Man it’s soooo boring though, just little clicky puzzles. And no set up or anything to make you interested. Like, Call of Sea seems really cool, I need to play more of that, that had me interested and it’s the same genre as I guess this is. 

I did a complete 180 and put on the Kao Kangaroo reboot and it’s so much more fun.

• Halal 1

Spent 2 hours in this game and just wasn't feeling it, ON PC I just couldn't get the camera movements to how I like them either. Was either was to slow or fast no inbetween. I also thought this was a shooter more so then a walking { VERY SLOWLY } puzzle game in a dreadful aliens wanna be environment! I love horror, creepy stuff for the most part so pretty disappointed really. Loving GGP though as in the past I would have purchased this and she;ved it soon after never to go back. GP gets a 10/10 and Scorn gets a 4/10 but I have to say I played it only 2 1/2 hours so It could be hiding something special but it's hiding pretty well from what I experienced anyway!

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Every single pre-release preview article and video that I posted in the weeks leading up to its release CLEARLY stated that the game wasn't an FPS :p

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Every single pre-release preview article and video that I posted in the weeks leading up to its release CLEARLY stated that the game wasn't an FPS :p

I try and go into games that really interest me 100% blind. I have never watched a single gameplay video or read much with topics of the game.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, number305 said:

There was a playable demo of this on PC back in 17.

This game was in development for five years? What the serious fuck? It seems like a game that was put together in a couple of years tops. It’s all style over substance, and extremely short. And critics are gushing over it why exactly? Because it has impressive graphics? Who cares about actual gameplay and fun factor if something looks really good, right?

I’m not gonna lie, it chaps my hide when a game like this receives a bunch of attention and critical acclaim just because of its art design and graphics while a game like Asterigos: Curse of the Stars gets completely ignored.

13 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

This game was in development for five years? What the serious fuck? It seems like a game that was put together in a couple of years tops. It’s all style over substance, and extremely short. And critics are gushing over it why exactly? Because it has impressive graphics? Who cares about actual gameplay and fun factor if something looks really good, right?

Perfect game pass game. 10/10