VR Headsets

SimpleG

The best all-around value right now is definitely the Oculus Quest I think. It's fully portable and wireless when you want it to be and can also be plugged into a PC and play full VR games. Hell, it can even be tethered wirelessly using a third party add-on. Best part is it's only 400$. The downside is the quality is slightly worse than the best wired headsets, but the quality is still really good imo. I really think the Quest is a no-brainer device that everybody should buy given the ridiculous amount of value you get for the price.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

The best all-around value right now is definitely the Oculus Quest I think. It's fully portable and wireless when you want it to be and can also be plugged into a PC and play full VR games. Hell, it can even be tethered wirelessly using a third party add-on. Best part is it's only 400$. The downside is the quality is slightly worse than the best wired headsets, but the quality is still really good imo. I really think the Quest is a no-brainer device that everybody should buy given the ridiculous amount of value you get for the price.

So no pc is needed ?

13 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Correct! And for the cost of a cable you can later attach the headset to a PC should you want to use is as a PC VR headset. Its a great piece of kit! 

Yep, and another thing: while the performance on the stand-alone unit isn't the greatest, the resolution is rather high. So if you're just watching video on it, it looks *amazing*. It's my go-to device for watching movies/shows in bed now. It's like having a portable HD movie theater anywhere I want to put it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

This has become a problem for me, they are sold out every where and no one knows when they will be back in stock.

Yeah, I haven't been trying too hard to get one, but I've had one on my list since June of last year and they've very rarely been in stock.

You should call Best Buy and ask them if all the next shipment is going to preorders or if they’ll have some first-come-first-serve units. They usually do. Or they usually used to. You may just have to stand in line before they open.