I found it. The most inconsequential thing Trump has done to make me the most irrationally angry

The dude makes many good points, but undocumented construction workers aren’t making sub minimum wage. Most are in the $15-$20/hr range in all the big cities in Texas. I know quite a few getting $200 an 8 hour day for finish carpentry and the like.

Undocumented guys tend to get jobs because they are happy to work for cash, with zero protections, they don’t take most American holidays off, and they tend to have a broad set of skills compared to American workers who are usually more specialized in their skill sets.

That being said, the building shown above is reaaaalllllyyyy impressive. I don’t care as much about the outside visual appeal, I’m more into the interior layout stuff. Very neat!

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The dude makes many good points, but undocumented construction workers aren’t making sub minimum wage. Most are in the $15-$20/hr range in all the big cities in Texas. I know quite a few getting $200 an 8 hour day for finish carpentry and the like.

Same in Utah. When I graduated college I considered standing behind the home Depot next to the advertising publisher I worked at because the guys in line there were making more per hour than I was.

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

I like some brutalist architecture. :blush:

The original DC Metro stations, for starters.

But in general it seems to work better when placed in contrast to nature, as opposed to being built as a bunker in an urban setting. Lots of leafy university campuses with brutalist buildings spread about have been used as futuristic settings in sci-fi, for example. As for the DC Metro, I think brutalism in pure isolation like that winds up having the same effect.